ALL ABOUT YOU: (This is a great way to get to know someone, by the way - great questions!!)
1. Name: Sarah2. Where are you located? NYC3. Kids? (Names and ages) Lilah 4 months (our first!)4. Is this where you are originally from? If not where? No, originally from Los Angeles! ("the Valley" for any SoCal women here)5. How did you find Fire Fighter Wives Board? Well, I'm already a member of a playgroup for my little one, and I just searched under "paramedic" in the message boards and here you are!6. Do you go to any other board? If yes, which ones - Yep, I was a part of the Sept. 08 Expecting Club and now I'm a part of the Sept. 08 StarGazers (Playgroup)7. When is your birthday? Sept. 108. How old are you? 329. Where is your favorite place to visit/vacation - I love to visit California, but if I were to get away - somewhere tropical10. What's the farthest you've traveled? to Jamaica11. Do you have any hobbies? I love to walk, play on the computer, cook.12.What is your favorite holiday? Christmas!13. What is your favorite season? Spring14. Do you work outside the home? If yes, what type of job? Up until this past June, I was teaching elementary school full time. I am now a stay at home mom :)15. What is your favorite color ? purple16. What is your favorite animal? giraffe17. What is your favorite food? Restaurant? LOVE sushi!18. What is your favorite book/poem & author? Well, after spending so much time teaching 2nd and 3rd grade, I've grown very fond of Beverly Cleary! Haven't read too many adult books lately :)19. What is your favorite TV show? Too many to list - at the moment, I love Rescue Me and Sons of Anarchy20. What is your favorite movie? Again, SO many to list - 13 Going on 30, Pretty Woman21. What is your least favorite thing about being a FF W/SO? Being a Medic wife is wonderful, as I am proud of my DH everyday for what he does. I guess the worst thing is knowing what horrors he may be exposed to everyday even if he doesn't always come home and tell me about it.22. What is your favorite thing about being a FF W/SO? My favorite thing about being a medic wife is just knowing that my DH is doing something wonderful and meaningful without much, if any reward. 23. What would you like for us to know about you? Well, my DH recently experienced a huge disappointment with a job he was applying for :( We are looking to relocate! We've been a part of the city for almost 7 years and we're looking for something new - so we can buy a house, have a backyard and a dog :) We'd love to stay along the East Coast though, so maybe at some point, I could get in touch with some East Coast FF/Medic wives whose DHs are happy with their jobs as possibilities for us!?!24. If you were given the board to run as “Expert of the Day” - what would the topic be? Early Childhood Education
ALL ABOUT HIM:
1. What’s his name: Mike2. Age? 403. How long has your DH/SO been a FF? My DH has been a paramedic for 2 years4. How many stations are there? Yikes, I have no idea! Such a big city!!5. How many Ffs at your DH’s department - no FFs because the medics work separately, but probably about 25?6. Does your FF have a second job? If yes, what or where? Not yet! But being a Stay at home mom, that's looking like it might be necessary :(
ALL ABOUT THE TWO OF YOU
1. How did you and your DH/SO meet? And how long ago was that?
We met when we were living in Los Angeles back in 2001. We were in L.A. during the 9/11 attacks and that's when we decided we wanted to move to NY together and DH would work in the rescue field.
2. If married, when? We got married in 2005
3. Where did you go on your honeymoon, if you’ve gone - if you haven’t, where would you like to go? We went to Jamaica! OH, how I wish I were there right now where it is most certainly NOT 25 degrees.
Welcome to the board!!
I'm Kelly (24) engaged to Brandon (25), a paramedic
Hi Sarah! I'm Amanda (23) my boyfriend is George (24).
I'm Diana (24) married to Brian (24) who's currently in Chicago Fire Academy.
I saw that you went to Jamaica for your honeymoon -- so did we! Where did you go? (I'm currently searching for a vacation spot this summer :)). Our weather here in Chicago is at 13 degrees so it's all I can DO to think of warm weather.