Would like some advice.

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Registered: 12-31-1969
Would like some advice.
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 6:22pm


Me and my wife have been married six years.  I met her and married her in Japan.  About 2 months ago...I found out she cheated on me in an emotional affair with another guy and one of her friends was helping her do it.  I tried to make it work after I found out...but I just can't trust her anymore and I don't love her anymore either.  We don't have any children. I haven't even seen her parents since we have been married nor spoken on the phone to them which has just been plain weird.

Obviously, we currently live together but I would like to know how I can end this marriage and get her out of my house?  Our marriage certificate is in Japanese(does that matter?)  I would suppose her would go back to Japan, but all her stuff is here.  How would that work? Am I responsible for paying for anything? Helping her out? I don't want to see her face anymore nor live in the same house with her.  For example, what if she starts crying or hitting me? I don't want any legal complications.  Can I leave the house now and not be liable for anything? We are renting also.


iVillage Member
Registered: 12-27-2004
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 8:20am

You need an attorney.  Your questions are very reasonable, but they aren't questions we can answer, except for one: if she hits you, call the cops.