I have a plan.

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-03-2004
I have a plan.
Mon, 04-03-2006 - 6:22pm

I think that I've figured out what I'm going to do. I went to the financial aid office at school and requested additional money for the semester. It will take that loan two weeks to process. During that time I will stick to strict no contact with my husband. If nothing changes during that time period, then I am filing for divorce. If he is going to make a change, two more weeks should be adequate time. It will have been nearly 2 months since D-day... he should know what he wants by then. If he's going to make any changes and two weeks of no contact doesn't do it, then I don't know what will. I am fed up now. If I look back at how I felt two weeks ago compared to how I feel now, I think that I will be ready to take that step. I can always change my mind, but that is my plan for now. He isn't giving me any other options here. I am not going to wait around. Maybe he's just waiting on me to end it. I don't know, but I do know that I can't take it anymore. So this is it. Two weeks no contact and if no changes, then I'm filing. And there is still time to reconcile after that if we choose to. But I'm not counting on. I'm not counting on him to make any changes in the next two weeks either, but he could surprise me. Pray for me. Send me strength... I know that I will be okay.

 BabyFruit Ticker

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-26-2003
Mon, 04-03-2006 - 7:53pm
I'm sending you positive thoughts.


iVillage Member
Registered: 05-24-2004
Mon, 04-03-2006 - 8:08pm

I'm sending you thoughts and prayers to retain all your strength during this exhausting and difficult time.

Your plan sounds very well thought out to me. And you're right if there is


iVillage Member
Registered: 04-14-2003
Tue, 04-04-2006 - 11:00am
That sounds like a great and doable plan. Go for it.
iVillage Member
Registered: 08-09-2000
Tue, 04-04-2006 - 1:41pm

This is a good plan...I like it. One suggestion....set up an appointment with your attorney for the day-after the two weeks is up. The hardest thing to do is to make that call. Do it now, while you feel this resolve. It will be so much easier to cancel that appointment than to make it two weeks from now. Trust me...I've been in your shoes.