Rules for maintaining LC at work
Find a Conversation
|Tue, 08-12-2008 - 10:23am|
HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY MAINTAIN LC AT WORK. -->
1) No personal conversations. Keep communications strictly professional.
2) Change your routine.
- Park in a different spot.
- Enter workplace through a different door.
- Leave work a few minutes earlier or later than before.
- Eat lunch at your desk, with another co-worker, or by yourself.
- Find another break room or go outside and take a walk.
- Be creative with avoidance techniques.
3) No txt msg., No IM’s, NO emails. If you were using a personal account, delete it. Only use business email and only for business…...do not send or receive email jokes from XAP. Delete before reading.
4) Avoid all office gossip. You won’t always have to do this but for now keep your nose glued to the grindstone.
- Bury yourself in your work.
- Sound agitated if he tries to get your attention. Say, “I’m busy right now"
- Never be alone with him in any room. If that is unavoidable, NEVER close the
door behind you even if he asks you to…. This is about YOU now.
- Accept NO excuses for him wanting a conversation alone with you.
5) Change routine if you have to travel with him.
- Take a different flight or drive with other coworkers if possible.
- Stay at a different hotel - Eat meals with other co-workers. NO alcohol if XAP is around.
6 Cancel any meeting with him that you can get away with.
- If you can’t do this, sit as far away from him as possible. NO EYE CONTACT.
- Cut out of the meeting as soon as you can. No lingering in the hallways.
Sometimes if they are your boss, they will contact/call you outside of work.
-There is no reason for this. Let it go to voice mail.
8) If you sit close to XAP, ask for a different cubicle/seat.
- Find any excuse, like there's a draft or too much traffic in that area.
- Request a change in departments or to another building/location if your job has other branches.
9) Dress down - no more low cut tops, and cute little skirts. ;)
- Professionalism means dressing that way.
There is always *Something* you can do to make life easier at the workplace. Remember, nothing is going to change until *you* do.
Edited 4/12/2009 8:43 am ET by cl-messenger_2008