Lessons my A taught me (now that it's over)
Find a Conversation
|Wed, 09-12-2012 - 11:48am|
It's easy to vent and focus on the negatives and the regrets that resulted from our As. But I thought it would be fun and helpful to post a list of the 5 key things I learned now that the A is over and I have that less emotionally-fueled perspective (or at least less fueled by positive emotions for xAP).
Here are my top 5 lessons learned. What are yours?
1. What someone DOES is far more telling/important than anything he/she SAYS. Lies are easy to tell, but the truth is easy to see in behaviors and actions.
2. When a man wants something, he is able to overlook a lot of reasons not to pursue it until he gets his fix.
3. Affairs result from something one is lacking in their own life that they can only truly get from themselves or their "public"/real partner.
4. You can love two people at once, but you can only be faithful, respectable (including self-respecting), and fair if you only act on your feelings for ONE.
5. An A is a game with no winners. Ever. No exceptions!! Even those who have their cake and eat it too and feel no regret and never get caught don't win because they are LOSERS.