Conflicts - Points to Remember
Find a Conversation
|Tue, 08-30-2005 - 1:55am|
1. Myths about marriage create unrealistic expectations in many marriages.
2. Conflict is an inevitable, necessary part of marriage.
3. The major areas of conflict in marriage are money, sex, work, children, in-laws, religion, friends, alcohol and drugs, and recreation.
4. The conflict resolution process involves four steps:
5. To resolve conflict, be specific and concentrate on the present and future rather than the past.
6. Effective communication skills are essential in resolving conflict.
7. Solve one problem at a time and realize that even the best solution may not be the solution needed forever.
8. Change takes time. Be patient with your progress.
9. If we learn to deal with anger in a constructive way our relationship will run more smoothly.