Differing "styles"......?

iVillage Member
Differing "styles"......?
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:19pm
O.K my S.O and I recently broke up (I was sad, but I'm fine now)...anyway, One of our problems were that we had different "Styles". He likes it kind of fast and a little rough. I LOVED it that way, but I could not have an orgasm. (I still enjoyed it though) I know that after a while I would have grown tired of the roughness. He was very willing to please me, and very willing to try it my way. A little slower and more intimate. But HE could not orgasm that way. He needed to change his rhythm often, I needed the same rhythm for a while. We just were not working out.

Anyway...My question is: Is it more common to like sex rough? Or do most of you like it more intimate? I guess I just wonder how a woman could reach orgasm that way, but they must. Right? Am I not being creative enough? I don't want these problems to come up again.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:27pm
doing the same thing ober and ober again is boring. so i dont mind rough sometimes or slow other times. you need to keep intresting. i am always coming up with new ideas for my hubby. enjoy your self.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:23pm
All of us are different, men AND women alike! Personally, I don't see why you couldn't alternate styles to suit one another! I mean, there's no law that says we MUST orgasm EVERY time, is there? Also, why couldn't he have done it YOUR way until YOU orgasmed and then switch to faster and rougher for himself? I think we ALL have similar "style" differences in our relationships though but they're workable if you're both willing. Sorry to hear about your break up though. And personally, my DH and I like to keep things interesting by alternating fast and fun with slow and intimate. We both get bored with same old, same old ALL the time!