Gym Showers

iVillage Member
Gym Showers
Sun, 03-30-2014 - 3:31pm

A girlfriend and I go the gym a lot together. It is our opportunity to see each other, and talk about things. Recently, we both lost track of time and had to get to work. We went to the locker room only to find one available shower stall. We looked at each other with a short of embarrassment at first, but then realized it wasn't a big deal. My mother said "we are both women and have the same parts" and I said "I guess"... LOL  To make a long story short, we ended up showering together so we could both get to work on time. I can't recall my mother ever seeing me completely nude before and have to admit that I was embarrassed at first. She didn't seem to bat an eye not sure why. 

Has anyone else had the experience of with one of their friends and them showering together? If so, what were the cirucmstances?

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2014 - 9:36pm

Huh? Was this your mother or your girlfriend?

I've been to the gym with friends. Nudity doesn't make me uncomfortable ... I mostly just do what's most convenient to get me in and out of there. Also if I use the group shower area I can keep an eye on my gym bag.

Also though I'm not really there to make a statement I feel like a lot of expense and time is wasted on unnecessary modesty between women that is self-perpetuating and becomes a big deal if no one reminds people that it needn't be.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-10-2014 - 2:02am

I agree with the other person confused about whether this is your mother or your friend.

If it's your mother, I would say that she has seen you naked before.  Perhaps not since you have "matured" but I'm sure you didn't change your own diapers as a child.  I have noticed that parents have a way of not really seeing their kids as anything other than their kids even when they have grown up.