Have you worn a garter belt recently?

iVillage Member
Have you worn a garter belt recently?
Fri, 01-03-2014 - 10:57am

Happy New Year!  As we enter 2014, I'm curious about what the women are wearing/have worn recently when it comes to stockings.  As a big fan, I would love to hear what you're wearing!

Age, Gender & Location?

Will you don a garter belt & stockings this year?

If yes, will it be simply a bedroom thing, or will you wear it out (date, work, etc.)?

When was the last time you wore a garter belt and stockings?  What was the setting?  Describe your garter belt/stockings and what you wore it with.

Any other comments/thoughts?

Happy New Year!

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-04-2014 - 1:02pm
42 F Yes Bedroom and out Bedroom fun, 3 weeks ago
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-05-2014 - 9:58am
55 F; yes; bedroom and out (date night); yesterday, bedroom.
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-11-2014 - 7:37am
45+, F. I will wear a garter belt this year. Bedroom, work, and dates, my BF likes them. The last time was Halloween party, I dressed as Elvira and it was part of the costume. It was black lace with black stockings. I like wearing them with the appropriate outfit. For work they are functional, working all day in tight stockings is uncomfortable to me, so when I wear an outfit with stockings I use a garter belt or garter slip. My boyfriend likes them quite a bit, though his favorite to see me in are the slips that have garters, I have several of those that are functional, but because he likes them so much I have picked up a few sexy ones to wear for him.
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-12-2014 - 3:33pm
23 and F - I have already worn this year to work and on dates. Most recently was last night for a date where I wore with my red and black wrap dress and platform heels. I agree with Karen, they are comfortable and I also find them convenient ;)
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2014 - 1:01am

My fiance is in the Navy and after not seeing him for a couple of months, I thought id buy a new garter belt. also im a girl who loovee to post up in the hallway wearing some sexy number, bending over in front of the tv ect. When i flew to Chicago to see him in the snow he came up to my hotel room and while he was in the bathroom showering, I put on the garter belt that held up my stockings and put on his uniform coat. then he came out and took off the coat and that was that. Every bit of money spent on a new number is always worth it when you get to see the reaction. even if you only wear it for a couple minuts ;)

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2014 - 1:02am
21-F.