Have you worn a garter belt recently?

iVillage Member
Have you worn a garter belt recently?
Fri, 01-03-2014 - 10:57am

Happy New Year!  As we enter 2014, I'm curious about what the women are wearing/have worn recently when it comes to stockings.  As a big fan, I would love to hear what you're wearing!

Age, Gender & Location?

Will you don a garter belt & stockings this year?

If yes, will it be simply a bedroom thing, or will you wear it out (date, work, etc.)?

When was the last time you wore a garter belt and stockings?  What was the setting?  Describe your garter belt/stockings and what you wore it with.

Any other comments/thoughts?

Happy New Year!

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-04-2014 - 1:02pm
42 F Yes Bedroom and out Bedroom fun, 3 weeks ago
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-05-2014 - 9:58am
55 F; yes; bedroom and out (date night); yesterday, bedroom.
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-11-2014 - 7:37am
45+, F. I will wear a garter belt this year. Bedroom, work, and dates, my BF likes them. The last time was Halloween party, I dressed as Elvira and it was part of the costume. It was black lace with black stockings. I like wearing them with the appropriate outfit. For work they are functional, working all day in tight stockings is uncomfortable to me, so when I wear an outfit with stockings I use a garter belt or garter slip. My boyfriend likes them quite a bit, though his favorite to see me in are the slips that have garters, I have several of those that are functional, but because he likes them so much I have picked up a few sexy ones to wear for him.
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-12-2014 - 3:33pm
23 and F - I have already worn this year to work and on dates. Most recently was last night for a date where I wore with my red and black wrap dress and platform heels. I agree with Karen, they are comfortable and I also find them convenient ;)