He doesnt finish sometimes when we have sex

iVillage Member
He doesnt finish sometimes when we have sex
Sat, 12-14-2013 - 4:55pm

Sometimes when we have sex my fiance doesnt or cant finish. I take this personally. What could be wrong for this to happen?

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-28-2014 - 12:28pm

If I haven't had an orgasm in 2 or 3 days, it takes me about 5 to 10 minutes. If I've had one recently, it could take me 45 minutes or just plain can't have one for a couple of days. I don't have any prolems with my erection, I could keep it hard as long as we're having sex, just can't climax.

It's not you, it's him.

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-27-2013 - 6:26am

Yea, that's a tough one.  Many things can contribute to this.  Only one of which may be disintrest in the spouse, it could be age, chemical, biological, dietery, psycological (on his side), environmental, etc.  Best thing to do is talk to him.  Maybe get some medical help.  Definetly talk though.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-16-2013 - 3:36pm
He isn't the only one who has that problem. I too sometimes have a problem like that. I get aroused, but then I become soft. It isn't anything the my wife does or doesn't do. I is my problem. I am trying to figure why it is happening. CH
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-15-2013 - 1:48am

For starters, it's not about you, so don't take it personally.  Even if he never did.  If there's a problem, it's HIS......not yours.  Have you ever asked him why?  If not, why not?  Some men just get too tired and have to stop.  Some men try to hold back so they can last longer, but then it just doesn't happen.  If he uses condoms, some men have a problem with them. 

If he stops having sex with you, then it's a worry.......if he occasionally doesn't finish........there's a reason, and it's nothing to do with you.  Ask him.