How to increase clitoris sensitivity?

iVillage Member
How to increase clitoris sensitivity?
Mon, 03-21-2005 - 1:37pm

Hi,

My clitoris is not very sensitive. How can I make it mpre sensitive? Is there any topical application...home remedy or store bought that can make my clitoris really sensitive? Even vibrators don't seem to do much to me! :-(

Thanks,
Sherry

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2005 - 3:36pm

Sometimes, something as simple as pulling up on the vulva or holding open the labia will expose more of the clitoris to stimulation. I know that works for me when I'm receiving cunnilingus or stimulating myself.

Also, using a powerful vibrator can actually numb the clitoris so you could try using a more gentle vibe as you move it around the whole vulva, not just the clitoris.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2005 - 3:44pm

Believe it or not, there actually been reports that this is NOT that uncommon among women, which I found surprising. However, I don't recall this kind of a question ever being raised on this particular board, so I look forward to the responses you'll get.

This would actually be a fantastic question for the Sexual Health message board as well:

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-bhgensex

Just a hubby guess here, but heightening sensitivity, clitoris OR penis for that matter, would probably result from heightening the organ's response to stimulation, whether potions or lotions are introduced or not. Again, just a guess. I know of no products whatsoever that focus on this in particular as opposed to lubrication, but someone around here might.

It may be a matter of feeling more sexually aroused than you normally are or simply improving, if even possible, the technique of stimulation. If your are as sexually aroused as you can get, yet you still find that your clitoris is still that unresponsive or insensitive, then I would have to guess you actually are just one of those rarely talked about women who simply has a less sensitive clitoris than the norm, if at all for that matter.

Something interesting just for the of it if any reader was curious, constant horseback riding or clitoris piercing or anything that causes aggressive constant contact to that clitoris, even through clothing of course, has been reported to result in lessened sensations to it by many women out there...needlesstosay, others notice no difference at all. Have you had any activity that could be similar to this possibility?

As uncomfortable as it may be, I'd try talking to the doc/gynecologist about this as well. Great question though!, this has the looks of an interesting topic I think. Good luck on this, and please keep us posted for our own education on this. Thanks. :)

C  H  A  R  A  C  T  E  R

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2005 - 10:47pm
It is what it is, but it's possible that you haven't given it the right kind of stimulation. Your clitoris is more than the little bump you see exposed. The normal clitoris is 2 to 3 inches long....and only a part of it is exposed. If you feel over the hood area, you can feel some of it. Rubbing all around it will feel good. What Kat said, pulling the hood back might help. It's possible that your partner is being too rough, or rubbing too hard. It takes a very gentle touch, which is why a tongue is much better than a finger. Try using a little lube on the finger, that helps it to slide around more gently. Gentleness is the key, NOT grinding away on it. Check out www.the-clitoris.com for more ideas.
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-22-2005 - 10:03pm
Thank you everyone for your replies! I will keep your advice in mind and see if anything changes...