How Many Partners Have You Had?

iVillage Member
How Many Partners Have You Had?
Sat, 07-12-2014 - 2:20am

My girlfriend and I have been talking about the past. We've shared our histories, right down to our respective numbers of sexual partners (about 30 each). At first, it was a little scary for both of us, but we are very happy with each other now. Have any others out there been 100% honest and revealed all to each other? How did it work out?

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-14-2014 - 8:41pm

As for me, a guy, not enough by a long shot, - sadly only three. I was raised by in a very religious family and racking up numbers in that area was really fround upon, big-time. So I was a good little boy but now at my age I'm looking back and regret many of the things I didn't do in that area. When I was dating my second and current wife we entered the same subject you mentioned and I asked how how men she had sex with she reached in her purse and brought out a calculator. However when I asked her that question I did so without any expectations since people are people, sex is sex, and history is just that, - history. I was happy with her being interested in me since she had a lot of others around to chose from.  Some guys date a lot of girls just to put notches on their bed-post but with me I wish I would have followed through on the number of girls who gave me the 'go signal'.  I'm sorry I didn't get the action I really wanted. One strange thing in closing is that the way my family viewed their religious beliefs weren't in line with the way that church's dogma was actually laid out.   Tommy