How often and how long

iVillage Member
How often and how long
Sat, 07-05-2014 - 3:06am

Ok so i have been with my fantastic partner for over 2 years now. We have an amazing sex life normally having sex between 4-10 times a week depending on work, time etc. It never lasts under half an hour, including foreplay most sessions last 1 hour at least. Quite a few of my friends have told me that after a year or so peoples sex drive tend to drop off and it slowly becomes less often. However I have found this is not the case as we just tend to experiment more and more and have sex just as often and it is now better than it ever has been. I wondered what the comminity here thinks and how your sex life has gotten better or worse or just different over the course of your realtionship.

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-05-2014 - 8:15am

Hi,

Well, I have been with my man for just over 5 years and we are still at it like rabbits!  About 6-10 times a week.  We often send sexy messages to eachother and grope eachother randomly!

We still say to eachother how great the sex is, even after all this time.   It think it is because we still really fancy eachother, regularly say we love eachother, even at random times and hug as often as possible. 

I don't know what our secret is, maybe it was because before me met eachother, we spoke about what we like in the bedroom, just to see how compatible we are.  My opinion is, sex is very important in a relationship, anyone who disagrees is not getting enough themselves!  ;-P

More sex please, I'm British!

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-06-2014 - 10:06am

Thats great i love that. Fucking right on for you guys, i hope you keep it up for as long as well it stays up xD. No but seriously i really love hearing that. Anyone else want to add to this, positive or negative. Please come on guys, the more comments the better. I dont even care if its once a month for 5 mins or 3 times a day for 2 hours each time.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-07-2014 - 10:34pm

3 years together and the sex is still amazing and every chance we get