Interests question

iVillage Member
Interests question
Fri, 01-25-2013 - 9:51pm

Hi All. Am hoping this is the right board for this type of question.  Was looking online and most boards regarding sex are to some extent... ugly.  Not what I was interested in

Just wondering if anyone else (male or female) would think something like this is odd or different.  I'm 40years old.  I have a 9 year old (adopted), single (as far as I'm concerned single and divorced are the same, if you're divorced you are single).  Girl/woman next door type I guess.  I enjoy the normal life basics.  light camping, baking, family, etc.  enjoy girlish themed items.  princesses, angels, fairies, small animals/baby animals.  but also have a few more I guess unusual interests including genealogy, family and otherwise.  imperial russian history (romanovs), would love to travel to historical sites.  I attend scottish highland events as a clan tent hostess

I also do suffer from and am being treated with meds for major recurring depression, general anxiety and social anxiety.  going out around people especially new people I dont know is extremely hard for me.  I have a slight idea why.  I do care what others think of me and dont like it when I dont think anyone cares about me... 

I recently moved to CA from WA for a new job.  not adapting really well to new job, bored.  nto getting out much other than that yet.  and have been considering doing a makeover, hair, etc.  then I look more and then I see this massage based in India done locally where they massage even your breasts and stomach and it sounds very interesting.  so does getting a brazilian wax (never had a wax before).  

but one of the interests I've had in the past has been peaking again.... started out somewhat older at age 27.  but had a fun afternoon one time before my son doing photos for someone.  lingerie, outdoors, playing with whipped cream and berries, light bondage and loved it.  I've been known to enjoy being in pictures and taking home movies.  recently though was thinking of doing a boudoir session but honestly they seem vanilla.  then I noticed where you can get paid, even for amateurs, all body types for letting them take pictures of you, various kinds.  things exactly I enjoy doing.  

my body iso kay I guess.  petite in height. average in size. a little big busted.  just to me it seems like an usual set of interests and somewhat even conflicting.  dealing with something like anxiety and depression.  being a woman next door/soccer mom type and then wanting to get paid for showing myself

any comments or suggestions are recommended

thanks, Suzanne

Single mom to an internationally adopted son, age 9 3/4; adopted at age 2.5 months from country of Georgia; diagnosed with ADHD, ODD and developmental delay issues

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-26-2013 - 12:10am

Before going that route, please re-read your employer's personnel policy or employment contract. This could fall under a "morality" clause.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, things show up on the Internet. Even professionally done photos. Never disregard that your neighbors, coworkers or family could see the pics. And it could come back to haunt your child (peers.)

Please just make sure the photographer is a true professional, also. And thoroughly read every word in every clause in the contract. These are my practical suggestions.

On a more personal note and if everything checks out, I think it sounds like a great idea! 

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-04-2013 - 8:19pm

Hi there,

If you have no issues with it yourself, go for it! :)

Photobucket

Community Leader
Mon, 02-04-2013 - 11:53pm

Not a recommended action unless you are an actress or some other socially acceptable occupation.  The web today is not the way it was 15 years ago.  Data mining makes hiding impossible with facial recognition softwear a miner can find you.  In the US this means career poison and job losses.   I am not saying that I agree or that it is the right thing to do but most employers have to be wary of hiring someone whose face and their company will end up on the six o'clock news.  Or a client's kill list.

dragowoman