Jokes about my size from her

iVillage Member
Jokes about my size from her
Sat, 09-14-2013 - 9:58pm

Ok, so I will start off by saying that im fairly small. I am about 5 inches and below average thickness..Im currently dating someone who likes to make jokes about it...it started off in embarrassing fashion; during our first encounter she said I was small. She later apologized saying she shouldnt have said it or compared me to others. She also said she has been with 2 other guys; one 7.5" and very thick and one 6.5" of average thickness, and although sex isnt bad with me. "it feels different".  Over time she continues to make jokes about it. I actually told her that its embarassing to me and frustrating because I was told by someone in the past that it was also very small. It hasnt stopped her. Our relationship is otherwise great and it seems like the sex is at least adequate for her. So in the opinion of women on here, do you think she is just saying it in jest? Or do you think it means she actually is disatisfied? They are often just joking in nature, but a few have slipped out that were downright wrong. For example once she said she wanted to sleep with her ex again due to his size. There is no justification for that. Another time she said the best sex she ever had was with her ex and that I struggle to make her climax like he could. So for the ladies whats your take on this? And how should I go about asking her to stop? Also for the ladies that have experienced size discrepancies, is it really that noticable?

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-15-2013 - 10:15am

I think it's completely tactless and inconsiderate of her to make jokes of that nature.  Perhaps a few jokes about her body might help her to understand how it feels.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-16-2013 - 12:40pm

Just imagine if you made fun of her breast size or how loose her vagina was.  You would be lambasted on this board for being shallow.  I'm tired of women who think there's one set of rules for women and another set for men.  Dump the shallow and cruel blah blah blah.    

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-16-2013 - 6:03pm

The mean jabs can go the other  direction as far as size goes.  Why is she so roomy?   Maybe she should do a few more Kegel exercises.   If you can find information for sizes, you would probably discover you are within normal range.  Ask your doctor.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-16-2013 - 10:55pm

It's very mean to make jokes about anyone's body..ESPECIALLY if it's your spouse or partner who supposedly loves you...I know that you must be feeling hurt and embarrassed.You need to say to her in a very firm voice that you don't appreciate the jokes..it's gone on long enough and it really has hurt your feelings.Also say to her that It's very disrespectful and if she doesn't stop then the relationship WILL...

I guess there are some women who are always comparing sizes and it's ALL about the size.I have a friend and I kid you not that she has actually felt the guy's privates to see if indeed he is up to the size that she likes BEFORE she goes any further with them...I'm not kidding. Some women are very vocal about it and then there are more women who really is just happy with the guy as long as they treat them well and they make the best sex life with that they have to work it...I say if you REALLY love the person...then there size shouldn't matter...but that's me...so..

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-23-2013 - 1:27am

That's very sad!  How long have you been with this rude and insensitive woman?  Too long, no matter if it's just a few weeks.  For one thing, you are average, not small.  For another thing, there is a lot more to sex than intercourse.  As the others said, maybe you need to mention that if she weren't so loose, it would feel a lot better to her.  (Just kidding, that would make you as stupid as she is!)  There are women known as "size queens" and she sounds like one.  Most women know that size has very little to do with how good a lover is.  It's time for you to move on......why would you want to stay with a woman who makes jokes about your "masculinity" which are cruel and hurtful. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-28-2013 - 3:54pm
I can't imagine insulting someone like that, much less someone I am intimate with. That's just plain rude.
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-29-2013 - 5:16pm
Kick her to the curb and move on. Plain and simple.