loss interest in sex

iVillage Member
loss interest in sex
Sun, 02-24-2013 - 12:14am

Sex has always been on my mind but lately it seems like it's the furthest thing away from my mind. I have lost interest in dating, sex, marriage, and im not really wanting a relationship even though deep down,  I believe that I want one. I was a victim of incest and i'm wondering if that's what's causing this. I dont even masturbate anymore. I know this is personal and i hope nobody minds but I need help. I feel that nobody wants me either so that doesnt help because of my looks. I miss sex though but I have nobody to do it with and my sexual past kind of scares me. feel that no man will want me because of the incest whicwas not my fault. can anyone help me?

Community Leader
Sun, 02-24-2013 - 10:07pm

Hi

it does sound like you are going thru a dry spell.  We all go through these times.  Yes the sex drive can drop.  Are you taking any medication?  That can do it too.  The incest can have an effect if you let it.  it really is something that most probably is part of negative thinking.  Dwelling on that can have negative or positive effects. 

What is it about your looks that bothers you?

To a man desire just is.  Your past is of little importance.  There is just the desire.  You have to accept that desire.

dragowoman