Need help

iVillage Member
Need help
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 1:04pm
Okay this is a little bit odd for me but I need some help. I have had sex with one guy in my life and I am still with him. But i am wondering... *BLUSH** I found something in the inside of my vagina when i as cleaning my self this in the shower and i am wondering if it could be anything else then an STD. I have had this before I had sex. He doesn't have and STD nor do I. Please help me.

A little embrassing

Amrou

iVillage Member
In reply to: amrou
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 7:13am
You SAID the "inside" of your vagina. I'm still not clear what area you mean, but if it's outside, it's not your vagina, it's your vulva. There are many causes for "bumps", among them a "pimple" which is a blocked pore. With or without insurance, you should get it checked out if it bothers you, and if it doesn't go away. (chances are that it WILL go away!) Check for a Planned Parenthood chapter in your area, they will examine it free, or for very little cost.

Also, as I said, whatever it is, it's NOT an STD, if you two have only been with each other. And I can't think of any STD that would "present" as a lump.

Also, just as an FYI, it is possible to have "infections" that are NOT STD's, although some of them ARE transmitted thru sex. You can have a yeast infection, or a bacterial infection, but THOSE would involve vaginal discharges, itching, burning, etc. Those can be transmitted sexually to your partner. If that should ever happen, you'd both have to be treated to eliminate it. What you have here is NOT an infection, and it will probably go away on it's own.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 7:23pm
Possible answers: (Remember - none of us are Drs and we can't diagnose you)

If you are talking about a small, raised whitish looking bump on the outer labia (the outer, "hairy" lips of your vulva) it could very easily be a pimple. You can get pimples there, just like on your face. A small raised bump could also be an ingrown hair, especialy if you are in the habit of shaving there. Either thing is no big deal.

If it is somewhat larger than a pimple would be and seems to be more "within" the tissue rather than raised up from the surface, it could be a sebaceous cyst; basically a blocked duct of the oil glands of your skin; also normal, also not a big deal.

If this bump/growth/thing is oozing, bleeding, draining, growing, changing, discolored, irregular or painful, or if your SO has any lesions, then I think you really *should* see a Dr. Even without insurance, Planned Parenthood or a similar women's health clinic is your best bet. PP prorates its fees, based on your income level, so they are very affordable. Depending on where you live, you may find other discounted health services through your community.

Remember, even though you have had only one partner, if he has had others he *could* be carrying an STD, even if he "looks clean." Men often have NO SYMPTOMS even tho they have an STD. No offense, but are you sure he is uninfected and monogamous?

Good luck,

~Kat

=^..^=

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 3:32pm
Amrou- seriously don't be embarassed, questions of all sorts are asked here. I don't think Buck meant to offend you but sometimes writing something instead of speaking it can come off the wrong way.

I would suggest looking up the local Planned Parenthood and making an appointment or a local clinic that you are comfortable with. These places take people who do not have insurance and they will not charge you a fortune. It doesn't sound like a STD, it may just be like I said before extra tissue, but just to be safe go see someone.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:09pm
I dont wash the "inside" i just wash the out side. It is a bump. and you dont have to be rude about it Buckeyjo! I've only had sex with my bf and only him. To answer the other person question. No it doesnt hurt and I dont have insurance to go and get it checked out. I wish I did. :(

Even more Embarrassed

Amrou

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:02pm
WHAT is this "something" you found? Whatever it might be, if you had it before you ever had sex, it can't be an STD! If you're referring to lumps and bumps, that's what ALL vaginas are like inside.

Also, why are you cleaning "inside"? That is not only NOT necessary, it's something you shouldn't do, because soap will upset the PH balance, and you're leaving yourself wide open for yeast infections. Washing your vulva (outside) is all you need to do to be clean, because your vagina cleans itself.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 1:45pm
Dear Amrou, first off let me start with saying, don't be embarassed, your questions ties right in with the broad topic of sex. As for the bump/growth you have found sounds a little odd, my concern is you have had sex with this guy and only him, and you say this growth has been thee prior to ever having sex, why have you not had it checked oit? You should really go see your GYN doc., if you don't have one or are afraid of someone finding out I would suggest you go to a clinic or Planned Parenthood and find out what it is. It may just be tissue, does it hurt?