Older Men and Sex

iVillage Member
Older Men and Sex
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 10:17pm

I am 51 years old and I'm interested in dating a man that is 10 years older than me.  We are very attracted to each other and have great chemistry.  I'm wondering if men in their 60's are still able to have an active sex life.  I was married for a very long time and have not been with other men.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 10:04am

Well, I'm not nearly that old, but, I do know men that age that have an active sex life. Do you have any other reason besides age to suspect that he can't have an active sex life?

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 2:14pm

Barring medical reasons, of course, men in their 60s can have an active sex life.

It doesn't fall off on the 60th birthday.  And the tongue is still active too.

Half of hockey is mental, the other half is being mental.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 5:53pm

He is very active and in good shape but he does have diabetes and gives himself shots.  He is very funny and flirtatious so I'm thinking he does okay.  What is your opinion?

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 9:52am

I doubt you'd get the vibe if he wasn't up for it........the Diabetes shouldn't have any effect. The onyl problem you would run into is something tied to someone who has a chronic disease who has anxiety and depression, which could then affect performance.....

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 10:04am

Of course older men can have an active sex life. I think you need to talk to him about your concerns as he is the only one that can answer you. Be honest with him.

28999825.jpg picture by nhgal2006

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 9:21pm

Thank you everyone for your input.  It's been very helpful.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-11-2012 - 8:23pm

I am 61 yrs old.  Take no medication.  Have no problem getting it up many times a day and delivering.  Not sure what you are asking..  Is it ok to be with a man older or is it ok to be with a man thaty is sick?  Either way, I support your decision and wish you the best!

2sing wrote:
<p>I am 51 years old and I'm interested in dating a man that is 10 years older than me.  We are very attracted to each other and have great chemistry.  I'm wondering if men in their 60's are still able to have an active sex life.  I was married for a very long time and have not been with other men.</p>
2sing wrote:
<p>I am 51 years old and I'm interested in dating a man that is 10 years older than me.  We are very attracted to each other and have great chemistry.  I'm wondering if men in their 60's are still able to have an active sex life.  I was married for a very long time and have not been with other men.</p>
2sing wrote:
2sing wrote:
2sing wrote:
2sing wrote:
2sing wrote:
2sing wrote:
2sing wrote:
2sing wrote:
2sing wrote:
2sing wrote:
2sing wrote:
2sing wrote:
2sing wrote:
2sing wrote:
2sing wrote:
2sing wrote: