penis bulge

iVillage Member
penis bulge
Sun, 07-23-2006 - 12:33am
It doesn't matter, but this is something I've been wandering about....I've heard that you can't tell the size of a man's penis by his feet and hands. But can you, by looking at his bulge through his pants, tell how big he really is during the important stuff?
I've only been with my husband. He does'nt really have a big bulge, and when soft he looks to be small (about cocktail weeny size I guess, maybe a little bigger). When he gets fully erect, he appears a little over average (from what I've heard).
So my question stands, if you see a man with a big bulge, does that mean he is well over average size when erect?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: charmasak
Sun, 07-23-2006 - 12:40am
It means absolutely nothing! Some men, like your husband get very small when flaccid, then grow a LOT when they become erect. Other men don't shrink very much when they're flaccid, and when they get an erection, it's not any bigger, just harder.
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-23-2006 - 8:49am
It's true growth amounts vary, and a small flaccid can surpass a longer flaccid when they become erect. On a individual to individual basis there is no doubt that is so. However, how do you know there is "absolutely" no connection. At a forum I'm a member of we track our penis enlargement from exercising and start out by putting our pre-pe flaccid and erect stastistics, lengths and girths, into a database and then update below that number with our increased sizes whenever we want to. It's a very big database. I once did a study, choosing only the pre-pe 3" length flaccids vs the pre-pe 5" length flaccids (I chose only pre-pe because pe for many guys are gains at a 2 to 1 ratio. In other words, a guy may have so far gained 3/4" in erect length, but has had a 1 1/2" gain in flaccid length. So I wanted to keep the study realistic to world, which is mainly non-PEers.) The 3" flaccids became 5 3/4" erect overall, and the 5" flaccids became 7 1/4" overall. It varied from individual, as I agree with you on that, but overall that was the result.
What I found from this is that smaller flaccids gain ground, but don't catch up -I'm speaking in an overall sense, of course. The starting flaccid difference was 2" (5" minus 3") and the ending difference was 1 1/2" (7 1/4" minus 5 3/4"). So smaller flaccids did gain ground, but despite popular opinion at this forum, they did not catch up.
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-23-2006 - 9:22am

Well, whatever floats your boat! I realize that to many men, their size equals their manhood.....but in the grand scheme of things......it doesn't matter.

I am with my partner because of who and what he is, NOT because of the size of his penis. He doesn't need it, but if he did, I'm sure that if he worked on increasing his size by 1/4 or 1/2 inch, I'd NEVER know the difference unless I had a ruler.

Also, she didn't say, but if she's referring to tight things like bathing suits, men have been known to "pad" themselves. Kinda like a padded bra!

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-23-2006 - 11:41am

Well, your response to me concerning my post is about whether size matters or not. My post was about what the thread starter had asked.

I'm going to be drifting off topic myself here, but while I'm on the topic of correlations and standard opinions, now is a good time to mention this. Folks state there is absolutely no connection between height and penis length. Incorrect. We have a height vs pre pe erect penis length study at the forum I belong to and it clearly shows a moderate correlation. Just as in the case of one can't look at a flaccid penis and know for sure what it will become when erect(if one has never seen it erect before, of course), one can't look at a short, average or tall guy and know for sure. However, just as chances are better that the 5" flaccid will be become longer, chances are increased that a tall guy will have a longer penis when erect. Also, the shoe size study we have shows a small correlation. It's only a rather weak correlation in the shoe study, but it's there. Folks will continue to be told by folks that there is no connection, I can't change it. Most people believe what they want to and don't really care about qualifying their opinions, and minds can't be changed much by any evidence. So I don't know why I even bother.

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-23-2006 - 12:00pm

..just a question...have you study if there is a correlation along racial lines?
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-23-2006 - 1:02pm

Unfortunately no.

There aren't any definite studies or polls anywhare we can be sure about. Kinsey determined that black men on average were only slightly longer, but had a significant higher percentage of out-liner long ones. It was a self measured poll, so could we trust it? Did white men exaggerate and therefore the gap was really more; did the black men and therefore the gap should be less; or did they both and it equaled out to be about right in gap? Was it taken as seriously as size polls at Thunder's are? Even Thunder's polls are bound to have a bit of exaggerating, and even a very small percentage of outright fantasy, but still I think the polls here have to be considered overall more trustworthy than size polls elsewhere.

Sizesurvey has a self measured poll that shows black men having slightly shorter penises on average. However, the site owner states he only has a small sampling of black men. Plus, of the 3100+ respondents (all men) he threw out the top 2% long ones, and 1% of the shortest. He explains he did this in an attempt to keep the poll realistic. What he doesn't do is tell us the sizes or the races of the ones he threw out. For all we know what he did could have had an effect on the results, especially in a small sampling of black men if they had many of the long ones he chose to not keep for his poll.

Supposedly an anonymous French surgeon that lived in various places kept 27 years of records. How was he able to achieve this? Anyway, in average he stated black men were about 7 x 2 (across), white men 5 3/4 x 1 3/4, and Asian men 4 3/4 x 1 1/2. Not exactly sure on the numbers but that is close to what he said. What do we really know about him?

It has seemed to me that most women do say black men tend to be longer, but with exceptions. Some think there must be something to it, others think one shouldn't trust the hearsay.

I think black men are very likely somewhat longer on average, somewhere between 1/2" and 1". I do think black men have a significantly higher percentage of out-liners, but I admit I've been influenced somewhat by Kinsey's result, and even more so by the "hearsay". If a reliable study ever comes out that shows my viewpoint incorrect, I'll adjust my opinion. Doesn't appear that such a study is going to occur, but we'll see. Meanwhile some us are going to think it's very true, and some of us aren't, and some of us are going to think the truth is somewhere in the middle, and some don't know what to think.

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-23-2006 - 2:38pm

<>

bounxh0a-1.gif picture by dillbyrd

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-23-2006 - 3:13pm

Why so much interest in studies, stats, in keeping charts on penis sizes?

bounxh0a-1.gif picture by dillbyrd

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-23-2006 - 5:11pm
It's not the main subject by any means, but as been looked into. Since the forum is about penises, and is very active (with quite a number of very brainy people - many there know much about many subjects in great detail - not just penis related) and is a very thorough forum, it has just been a natural occurrence that it would come up to be analyzed. Religious, political, and just about everything else under the sun are frequent discussions. It's just that a guest can only see the penis forums on their screen and can't post. When someone joins the other forums appear then. It's quite an amazing place, really.
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-24-2006 - 10:40am
No, a bigger flaccid bulge in the pants doesn't necessarily mean that the erection will be bigger than normal. "Show-ers" are those guys who look bigger when flaccid but don't grow much with erection. "Grow-ers" are those men who look rather small when flaccid, like your DH, but grow substanstially with erection.

Pages