physical handicap

iVillage Member
physical handicap
Sun, 03-30-2014 - 7:32pm

i've had a physical handicap for most of my life and can't attract women.my personality is good.i'm reserved.now i feel that after all this time i'd have a hard time[pun intended] satisfying someone.any suggestions?

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2014 - 11:43pm

Not much to go on, but if you use a physical handicap as a crutch, you aren't going to attract anyone.  Where are you going to try to find women?  How about going to places where there are lots of women.......like college, or if you're older, community college.  Depending on what your handicap is, get involved in some sort of charity work, volunteer time at food banks, or at a hospital.  Many handicapped people have wonderful relationships......so if you forget about the handicap, and just be the best person you can be, you will find someone who see YOU, not your handicap.  If you have specific sexual problems, since you're posting on a board about sexual problems or situations, again, if you meet someone that's attracted to you.....that might not be a barrier either.  There are many ways to satisfy a woman sexually beyond using physical ability.  You are NOT a "handicapped" person.....you are a PERSON, and you just happen to have a handicap.