Squirting but no Orgasm

iVillage Member
Squirting but no Orgasm
Tue, 03-26-2013 - 12:51pm

Hi..

Prior to my recent sex experience with a long time friend, I had not had sex in over 6 months. I did not have any plans to end my reign of celibacy but he made it difficult to resist. I reached an orgasm through his oral sex and after oral he penetrated. During the penetration (doggy style), I began to squirt tremendously. I felt little splashes on my legs, chest and back. This has NEVER happened to me before! And I assumed, I squirted due to an orgasm but I did not have an orgasm as a result of the penetration. He asked me if I ever squirted with past partners and of course I said no. Now he feels like he really "put it down" because of the squirting but the act of intercourse was nothing earth shattering. I've actually had better sexual experiences in my past but never experience squirting.

So now when he calls, he wants to have sex and thinks I would want the same because he feels it was most likely the best I've ever had (since I squirted with him). In all actuality the oral was terrific but the penetration was actually boring.. I would never tell him that but....

My questions: Embarrased to ask but: what causes squirting and is it associated with an orgasm?

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-26-2013 - 4:07pm

Squirting does not require orgasm.  However, an orgasmic experience can increase female ejaculation.  Unlike men where orgasm and ejaculation are fairly inseparable, women do not ejaculate as a result of orgasm.  Women self lubricate to make sex more enjoyable for herself and her partner. 

If you have ever been 'dry' during sex, you know it is painful for you, but you should know it is probably painful for him too, unless he is wearing a condom.  Because discomfort would lead to less sex, and reduced sex in turn reduces chances for pregnancy, over millions of years women have developed the ability to create copious amounts of fluid in order to improve chances for frequent sex and therefore, pregnancy. 

This fluid is produced through contraction of the PC and/or Kaegel muscles in conjunction with various glands in the vaginal area.  Contracting these muscles is a way to generate more and more fluid.  Since you went without sex so many months, your muscles were probably very taught and tense.  The orally induced orgasm probably started a flow of fluid but not noticeable as 'squirting' because of saliva and the short amount of time it took to reach orgasm.  The intercourse was probably a bit prolonged, and squeezing harder than usual on his erection likely generated more fluid and that is when it became noticeable as female ejaculation.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-12-2013 - 11:05am

Female ejaculation (squirting) is usually induced by "g" spot stimulation.  It is NOT an orgasm, but it can happen at the same time as an orgasm, or on it's own.  The fluid is produced by the Skene's glands, the vestigal remains of the testicles when your X turned to a Y! It comes out of the urethra, but it has nothing to do with urine.   Yes, most men think that they're a genius when they cause it to happen, especially if you tell them it never happened before.  If you're not interested in him, then tell him thanks but no thanks.  Whatever HE thinks about his "performance" is his business.  I had somewhat the same experience, and it was a shock and a pleasure for me, too, but I had no real interest in the man, and I cut it off right away, so that he wouldn't think he was "God's gift" to me.