Staying Wet

iVillage Member
Staying Wet
Fri, 09-06-2013 - 2:14am

I am not the most experience person sexaully so I don't know everything. I realize that me remaining wet for the duration of sex doesnt occur. How do I maintain that moistness throughout sex without having to use lubrication?

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-06-2013 - 9:28pm

In the last few years I have had more and more difficulty staying wet throughout sex, especially longer sessions of intercourse.  I have not found a way to do it without using lubricant.  I just keep a bottle in my nightstand and use it if needed.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-06-2013 - 11:33pm

does this not turn a guy off. the fact that a female can not retain moistness on her own??

iVillage Member
In reply to: karenflew
Sat, 09-07-2013 - 12:16am

lovelyslyons wrote:
<p>does this not turn a guy off. the fact that a female can not retain moistness on her own??</p>

It really should not.  My occasional lack of wetness has nothing to do with my level of desire for my BF or his sexual ability.   There are physiological factors for it and frankly if my BF could not accept that and got turned off by it he could just go and find someone else.

It is not an uncommon problem.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-08-2013 - 5:33pm
it should not turn off the guy rather he should strive to help u derive the maximum pleasure.
iVillage Member
In reply to: dtm51
Sun, 09-15-2013 - 9:17pm

I agree with Karen... a bottle of lube is fine if you cannot produce the wetness naturally...as a man we can tell for sure when you are not moist...I would never engage if I thought it was painful/rough/dry etc... 

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-16-2013 - 6:06pm
He should be happy to apply the lube for her if the bottle is handy. I can't imagine why it would turn a guy off unless he got only one goal in mind.
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-23-2013 - 1:34am

When you say sex.......do you mean intercourse, or do you mean beginning to end.......foreplay for you, maybe him too......and then intercourse (It's all sex).  How long is the foreplay?  How long does the intercourse go on?  Some women are just naturally not as wet as others, and that is specifically what the lubricants are made for.  If a man would be upset by you needing it, then he doesn't know much about the female body.  And if you need it and don't use it, then you'll be in pain, not only during intercourse, but even the next day in some cases........why would you want to be with someone who wouldn't care if you're in pain.  Also, this can happen if intercourse goes on too long.  Some men take forever, and if it gets to a point that it's painful, then maybe it's time to tell him to stop, and finish himself, or you can finish him orally.  But again, lubrication is MADE for your problem, so use it if you need it......and any man who objects should be shown the door!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-27-2013 - 3:08pm

For those of us "middle-aged" being with someone that starts to loose some moisture is something that just happens. We've used lube when needed, and often is. I have found that I spend more time with foreplay and oral which has really helped to decrease this concern.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-28-2014 - 12:51pm

I agree with what others have said about there not being anything wrong with using bottled lube. Having said that, and to answer your question more directly, there is a surefire way to get you wet again if you feel you need to. It requires a certain amount of slow very deep penetration. If he's long enough, tell him to slowly ease it in until he makes contact with your top wall. Slow is key so he doesn't collide with your cervix (very painful). Once the head of his penis slides under your cervix, tell him to slide back and forth (more like nudging) without getting any shallower than your cervix. He can go pretty hard and fast as long as it's very short strokes.

That should get a lot of  the cervical mucous flowing.