What ABout Involuntary Celibacy?

iVillage Member
What ABout Involuntary Celibacy?
Sun, 08-25-2013 - 1:53am

Yes, really! It seems you hear about people who have active sex lives, but not those of us who would love to have a normal social life as well as an active sex life but we don't. In my case, the men who are interested in sex are not the kind of guys I'd be interetsed in-they are not sexy or they are one night stand/no strings attached/fling type of guys. I would love to find a good man to be in an LDR with-including a healthy sex life, but the two different men I liked in the past several years just up and disapppeared-before they even kissed me-and yeah, both were LDR's..The guys I like locally  don't call, they just hang out online..I have been celibate over 4 years now, and needless to say, finding a different place to move is very much a part of my plans-and not just for social reasons. Involuntary celibacy is both annoying and frustrating, and yeah it does make me cranky, too.

And to those wanting to reply with a solo sex answer, nope its really not the same..Yes, really! I'm a touchy feely type and this is just plain weird for me..Any other IC would probably say the same..

anonymous