Willie Geist Gay?

iVillage Member
Willie Geist Gay?
Tue, 11-16-2010 - 7:09am

Does anybody watch Morning Joe on MSNBC with Joe Scarborough? My husband insists that Willie Geist, one of the hosts is gay. He is married with a baby, but my husband insists that most male homosexuals live as if they are heterosexuals. Now, I must admit, he is afeminate (feminine male). Is he trying to be someone on TV that he's not? Is he playing us for fools like Elton John once did when he married a woman, like Rosie O'Donnel did when she pretended to have a crush on Tom Cruise, like Jim McGreevey did (former governor of New Jersey), etc?

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-16-2010 - 7:44am

Don't know, have never seen him.

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-16-2010 - 8:09am

Why would you think these people are playing us for fools?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-16-2010 - 8:30am

Never saw the show and personally, it doesn't matter to me. I really could care less if someone is gay, bi, straight. If I like you, I like you regardless of your sexual preference.

28999825.jpg picture by nhgal2006

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-16-2010 - 11:06am

I haven't ever seen him, don't know who he is, and don't CARE if he's gay!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 11:57am

There is a bias on being bisexual.  People will ask if one is straight or gay, never are you straight, bisexual, or gay. According to the Kinsey Report over half of American men admitted having some form of male-to-male sex--and that was in the 1950s! 

Most men including many strictly gay men want to have children.  Others do it because of their job, career, or ethnic culture.  For example. until recently, it was career suicide for an Hollywood actor to admit having male sex much less admitting that they were gay or bisexual.  Rock Hudson, Richard Chamberlain, John Travolta, Tom Cruise, Kevin Jonas come to mind.  My roommate is strictly gay but wears a wedding ring because it makes it easier to deal with his mostly married clients. 

Also, sexual activity and lifestyle choices are not necessarily the same thing.  I know this straight soldier who discovered while in Afghanistan that the likes, no, loves being on the receiving end of anal sex.  Some divorce and start living a gay lifestyle while most married men stay married for many reasons.  Then there are many women who knowingly marry gay men for companionship, friendship, financial security or social standing.

Then there are people like Willie Giest and Joel Stein of Time Magazine who come off as sensual if not effeminate but maintain that they are straight.  They both joke about their metrosexualness.  They both raise my gaydar especially Stein who cannot write his weekly article without mentioning his wife as to reaffirm his "his straightness.".  Methinks that he doeth protest too much!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 9:47am

Back when I was single, and even sometimes today, some people have thought I was gay. Not sure why, I had a long history of GF's, but I think it had to do with the fact that I was single and lived on the beach and my apartment was clean, I cooked my own meals and dressed nice, ha ha. I think I bring a unique persepctive to the table most of the time, and I am open to listen to different things without judging. Now, the only reason it ever made me mad that people thought that was because I was single and I wanted WOMEN, ha ha. I'm not effeminate, so that didn't bother me, and every gay man or woman I've met is really nice, so that part never bothered me. "Defending" oneself from being thought of as gay seems wrong, like defending oneself because they are Catholic or a Republican. 

Anyway, like everyone else, ultmaitely I say who cares what the guy is or does.