Women who do or do not masterbate

iVillage Member
Women who do or do not masterbate
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 3:45am
Something I read on another thread made me think. My DW has never masterbated. When the topic has come up she says she doesn't understand why women do it, says she has never had the urge. Sex with a partner is all that interests her. If she were single she says she would just go without. Not that I want her to masterbate, but can you help me understand why one woman may say it's an something they do regularly and enjoy, others like my wife have never done it. Is it related to sex drive? Upbringing? Is it a way to bypass intimacy while still getting a release? Those who partake, why do you? From a guys point of view all I can say is the testosterone builds up...the opportunity for intimacy isn't looking good for a few days...your in the shower with a minute to spare...and away you go. Is it different for women?

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-07-2003 - 6:07am
well....that's your opinion!
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-07-2003 - 6:19am
Give me a break Puss....I have learned a lot here. Yes I got chewed out for masturbating....and I was masturbating BECAUSE I never got intimacy in my marriage. I speak from MY experience with my fiance....we make love an aweful lot and neither of us have any desire whatsoever to masturbate alone....maybe together as foreplay. I never said masturbating was wrong....all I ever said on this board that it is wrong to go behind your so's back to masturbate. If you have to be so sneaky about it, there is definately something wrong with your relationship. Regardless if people do or do not believe that....and that is NOT my opinion, but a fact!
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-07-2003 - 5:16pm
A "fact" for YOU, maybe. Certainly not for anyone else I know, though. So, you're purposing that if your wife isn't in the mood and YOU are, that you would have NO other outlet for all that sexual energy? Yeah, I believe THAT. There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking care of your own needs when your partner is not available to you.
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-09-2003 - 4:18am
Whoa!

I know that opinions way vary on this subject so this is just curiosity asking; Why would'nt you or your S/O want to know the details of the other's 'pleasuring' sessions? And have you ever tried masturbating in front of your s/o? It's so erotic to me that I just can't imagine otherwise. ??

Autumn~

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-09-2003 - 6:17pm
Not sure why we've revived this ancient post....but for the record...I'm with you. Masturbating infront of an SO is so erotic. And I have no problems with knowing that DH has masturbated

Yasmin

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-15-2003 - 9:20pm
Is anyone else just dying to hear what happened at that sex toy party or is it just me?

That would be a great idea for an all girl slumber party. Everyone bring their toys and have a no men allowed party. That sounds like a movie, maybe I'll go rent it. Or better yet rent it and have everyone watch it together at the party. I was just wondering if they demonstrated the toys at the party and used them in front of everyone or if they just bought them there and used them in private. Hmmmm something to fantasize about.

That just reminded me of an old friend I had, we used to work together and she had this idea of having this all girl lingerie party at her house. It was her and her mom doing it and they were sending out invitations to everyone. It sounded kind of weird that someone would have a party like that with their mom but I really wanted to go. I couldn't wait to get my invitation but then she made this comment like I can't wait to see how you look in that bra and thong, or some weird comment, but it gave me the creeps like she was gay and wanted to be turned on by looking at me. I was so freaked out I couldn't go to the party.

If she didn't make a comment like that I would have gone I was dying to go. But I didn't want it to be turning on other women. EWWWWWW LOL. I would have rather had it be a lingerie party with me as the model in front of a bunch of my female friends husbands. At least it wouldn't be so weird turning them on LOL. Maybe I'll have my own lingerie party, I just won't invite that girl. LOL :D

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-19-2003 - 4:09pm
I just love the way an orgasim feels so I like to have one as often as possible. :)

Also, if I'm in a bad mood I can do that and it will lift my spirits. Its the best natural high there is.

Sure I love having an orgasim with my boyfriend and yes, its better during sex with him, but if he's not around and the mood strikes me, I can take care of the urge.

Pages