Would you reject a guy because of his penis size?

iVillage Member
Would you reject a guy because of his penis size?
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 10:45am

Now, I'm not worried about my size. I'm not small nor big, I know I'm perfectly average. This does however prove to be a problem to some girls.

I was talking to a friend (just a friend) and we were talking about the ideal partner when I asked her what her ideal guy would be like. She was dead serious when she told me: dark hair, strong jawline, thin body and at least 7.5". Yes, she was talking about actual penis size.

I asked her if she was serious and she said: I would never date a guy with less than 7.5". I really need someone who can penetrate me deep and even if the guy has a great personality I might still reject him if he's smaller than that.

So, some girls appear to have a preference which isn't a problem, but are a lot of women like this? I don't mind being an average sized guy but will this actually throw off a vast amount of females? And if you did reject someone due to penis size, how did they react in the way of being rejected?

Pages

iVillage Member

I don't know, there seems to be exagerration for sure.  I was dating a guy last summer who seemed very very large to me.  He was sitting on the couch with an erection and I said, hold on, I actually want to measure it.  So I got a cloth measuring tabe from the kitchen. Turns out he was only 7" from his body to the end of it (measuring along the top).  It was just under 6" around at the fattest part.  I realized that visually it looked huge because his balls hung down so far -- 12" from the bottom of the balls to the peehole.  All I'm saying is, I have seen a lot of penii, and that seemed like the biggest one ever, and it was only 7 honest inches -- so I can't imagine restricting your dating life to guys that only have 7.5" or more because that must be a tiny, tiny fragment of the population.

iVillage Member

Why do so many men lie about their penis sizes.
Only 5 percent of the male population needs extra-large rubbers, according to condom manufacturers. In other words, 95 percent of men lie. Every guy I meet always says he's 8 or 12 inches. Well according to the average of most men 5-6 inches is more of the norm. The percentage of guys in the world who actually have an 8 inches penis are below 5% and those who have 10 inches or bigger are even low than that, so APPARENTLY 90% of men are lying about their penis size. Men should accept what they have, but if size is still a concern, then they can practice different techniques to improve their lovemaking skills. Lying about your penis size does not impress any women, only your ego!!!!

Community Leader

Are people rejected because of size.  YES. 

Too big, too small.  It all depends on the people involved and the skills they bring to the table.  There is nothing shallow about it.  It comes from what is sexually exciting to the participants.  Some of the excitement may be for some visual.  For others what is said,the feel of the other's body,scent,nothing is shallow that is a myth.

Sexual communication in the US is very problematic.  Gaining confidence is the biggest factor.  men have a handicap since they must have an erection that has a mind of it's own.  A woman's dysfunction may be easier since a little lube can hide non lubrication. 

Both sexes can think too much and feel too little.  There is no one rule.  But enthusiasm is the one constant.  

chaika

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 11:49am
Yes it is possible to have awesome sex and wish it was larger--but if you really care for the guy--that becomes something you know won't change and you don't care about it. My current boyfriend isn't the largest I have been with, and he certainly is not the smallest. But I will say he is the best. For me sex isn't all about the penis. It is everything before and after the actual act. I have never had anyone who cared enough to make sure that I enjoyed myself along with him. It has always been all for him. But my current boyfriend is all about making sure that we are both satisfied from the first kiss of our time together to the last kiss before he heads for home. He leaves me looking forward to the next time I get to see his smiling face. So in my opinion when a woman is worried that a guys penis is to small--she needs to worry more about if the guy cares to take care of her entire body, and not just . . . . .
iVillage Member

Yes, I have been rejected due to the size of my penis! Believe me, bigger is not always better–I speak as a man. I am much larger than average(10 inches) and it has often been difficult. For example, with my first girlfriend, when I was 18, we mostly did “heavy petting” until she was ready. She wanted me to get undressed in front of her so that she could see my penis and be less nervous. I was very nervous myself and when I pulled down my pants, she started laughing and looked away! She then said we should try it again another time. I was very hurt… Then I got a im from her best friend later that night asking me how big my penis was. I asked why, and she said that my girlfriend was terrified of how large I was! On the one hand, I was relieved–I didn’t know if I was big or small–but it was also tough! Also, I dealt with some bullying in the shower room in high school due to my large penis. Guys were jealous of it and sooner or later it got out around school… People were always asking to see my penis, which made me very shy… It is also very hard to disguise the bulge down my pant leg–I’ve even had some school girls point on the street!! In any case, I’ve come to accept my body with the help of a girl who loves my large penis!

iVillage Member

Question, mostly for ladies.. Is it possible to have awesome sex with a guy but wish his penis was bigger? Or, if the sex is awesome then that means his penis is big enough and you don't want anything different? The reason I ask is because I think I'm pretty good in bed, I make pretty much all the girls I sleep with have a few orgasms and they are almost always completely satisfied.. they tell me I'm the best , the sex is great blah blah...

My dick is pretty average though, right on 5 inches and probably about 4 or so in girth, maybe a little more than 4... Some girls have told me I'm big, but I know I'm average.. What I wonder is... I know these girls honestly are having an awesome time having sex with me, they are cumming hard, and all that.. noone ever complained about me not being especially big.. but i know a bigger than average dick is a turn on for a lot of women... would you have awesome sex with a guy, cum super hard, but still wish he was bigger, or if the sex is great then you dont really consider wanting more size because everything is so good already? Be honest, afterall I'm not worried because I'm at least average sized, but i just wondered about this because from what I gather, 8 x 6 seems to be the perfect cock size for the average woman, and that's definitely big.

iVillage Member

Really though, even if someone DID reject a guy because his dick is too small -- So what??

Men and women often reject potential dates or suitors because of something the other person cannot control. That's just the way it goes. No matter how deep we all might think or hope we are, we are all probably shallow in certain ways.

If I met someone who had a lot in common with me and was a great person, BUT had a voice that I find really annoying and was not the least bit physically attractive to me, I would be unlikely to pursue a romantic relationship. Is that fair? She can’t help the way she looks or the sound of her voice. Those are things we are born with.

Yet, I suspect most people would also not pursue a relationship under those same circumstances. Note that I am not saying the person necessarily has an annoying voice or that she is ugly. Other people might find her attractive or her voice appealing. To each his own.

But it not realistic to expect people to overlook important qualities in the other person, even if they are not ones the other person controls. If a guy complains that a woman rejected him because his dick is “too small” for her liking, I would say to that guy, “ok, have you ever rejected a girl because you thought she was ugly or unattractive?”

iVillage Member

Find a nice Asian girl who is also small?

I'm just a bit over average and had an Asian gf who thought I was too big so I know they are out there.

iVillage Member

I am Asian and I dont believe in that girls dont care about penis size.
thats like saying that men don't care if the girl has a nice face/body. we all have standards.

i have a small, skinny, penis. 3Yell inches erect. this is my only insecurity.
I can easily talk to girls, make em laugh, go on dates. But the only thing keep me from actually getting down with one is my size.

What can I do. I hate my genetics.Yell

iVillage Member

You ought to feel sorry for a girl like that. Think what she is missing and, if she talks like that, of what she has missed. She has missed the great thing in life, the "biggest" thing, and either never has experienced it or didn't know it when it was in "the palm of her hand" and the "longest," too. Must have been an opportunity for you, a girl like that. Think what an opportunity she offered you to have a good time! Imagine her sleeplessness after being the target of witty rebukes ...

Pages