Surfing the web I came across this piece of research:
So, What do you think?
Interesting, but I'm 55, and the study stopped at age 31, so some of this just doesn't apply to me.
1. Smiling photo. I definitely prefer a man to smile in his photos. I've seen some of the saddest photos ever of men who don't smile. I smile in mine, but the "flirty/pouty" thing would look a little silly at my age.
2. My photos are actually self-portraits with a digital camera, but they are very good (if I do say so myself.) But I have a lot of photography experience, so I'm not typical in this regard. I hate most cell-phone photos by men, they're generally too close up and scary looking.
3. I don't have any shots of me doing a hobby, but I will consider posting one. How do you think it would look if I include a shot of me digging in the dirt in my garden, LOL?
4. HATE shirtless photos of men, even if they have great abs, and at my age, most men don't have great abs. But let me tell you: that doesn't stop them from posting photos of their flabby bare bellies. I don't get it. Oh, and then there was the guy who posted a NUDE self-portrait he shot in his bathroom mirror...he strategically placed shampoo bottles to keep it from being XXX. Sorry, that's gross.
5. Cleavage. To me it's kind of sad when an older woman (especially with a boob job) is letting it all hang out. I think a woman of any age can tastefully let a little cleavage show, but I think you're just asking for a lot of cat calls when you show a lot. Maybe it's different for the younger crowd. I personally don't have great cleavage, so it's a non-issue for me.
Be with someone who knows what they have when they have you!