The Hottest Love and Sex Trends of 2013: The End of Online Dating

iVillage Member
The Hottest Love and Sex Trends of 2013: The End of Online Dating
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 5:21pm

From coregasms and monthly sex subscriptions to the end of online dating and more cougars than ever -- here's what dating, love and sex will be like this year.

Read more here.

iVillage Member

I don't know.  There are obviously still plenty of guys who are on OLD.  Some guys stay on there for years.  I wonder if they ever meet anyone?  I think people could go back to the ways we met people before OLD existed, like going out to bars, dances, parties, etc.  Also I think a lot of people like meetup groups cause it takes the pressure off having a "date" with one person but you can still meet people and hang out.  I think there are a lot of people who like to socialize but don't really like dating and don't really even want to be in relationships.  I have become very disillusioned w/ OLD and can't really see myself meeting anyone that way, yet a bunch of my friends are in serious relationships w/ guys they met on OLD.

iVillage Member

So Musiclover,

Where do you think the people who were using online dating have gone to? Is online dating becoming passe?

iVillage Member

I thought this was interesting.  I think I had read somewhere else that the number of new member on match had diminished.  I was on there the last time for a 3 month subscription at the end of the year and it was horrible--I would say I had no one interested in me except I probably got a few emails from guys who were so out of what I am looking for it's not funny, so I thought why continue to pay to torture myself when I can use free sites?  I look at the free ones & it's the same guys who have been on there forever, hardly any new members, etc.  I just ran out of enthusiasm for putting any effort into it, so maybe that's how the guys feel too.