I think we could all come up w/ our own list of overused phrases.
I hate it when men say they want a woman who could be comfortable in jeans and a little black dress--for the most part, women are better at dressing appropriately for events than men are.
I didn't read the article, but I can guess what the phrases are. And this is one of the reasons I'm not doing OLD now, and maybe never again. How many times can you read:
1. I like to stay in or go out
2. I'm just an easy going guy who enjoys life and likes to laugh
3. I'm comfortable in jeans or a tux
4. I work hard and play hard
5. I like all kinds of music/movies/books
6. I like to travel
The fact is, most people are really bad writers. It's obvious they don't spend a lot of time crafting their profile, or seeking help in writing it. But again, people who truly can't write are at a huge disadvantage, they can't help it I guess. And then, there are the pathetic photos.