Hello 2014

iVillage Member
Hello 2014
Wed, 01-01-2014 - 11:54am

Happy New Year Everyone.......wishing all a happy & healthy one!

iVillage Member
In reply to: andrewmax
Fri, 01-17-2014 - 8:03am
H'ppy new year to all fellows!! Hope new year brings peace and happiness.
http://www.friendlovedate.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-06-2014 - 9:12am

Hey Shywon, im really sorry about your breakup.. May i ask - what happened? Only if you are comfortable answering of course..

It really is easier to win in a lottery than to find a halfways acceptable bf nowadays..

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-03-2014 - 5:49am
Happy New Year! :-) My NYE was at home with me parents and it was very quiet indeed. Dinner, TV and watching the fireworks outside from the window. Mum and I stayed up until 1.15 am watching "While you were sleeping". I love that movie (Bill Pullman, mmm). :-) I was tired very early that evening, but stayed up anyway. This year I have to send out very clear signals to my friends regarding being ready for a party NYE, so I can join other people. I have stayed with my folks the entire holiday, so I need company of others after a while. If I did not have my folks nearby, I would have done as you, Shy. Gone out by myself, and hopefully getting to talk to someone. I am sorry to hear that your friends cancelled on you and that the evening did not turn out as you hoped. It sounds familiar, including the "holding back the tears" issue...
Community Leader
Thu, 01-02-2014 - 12:34pm
My New Years was pretty disappointing. I made plans for the first time in six years and was actually excited about it. At 3 pm, the friend who always cancels cancelled on me. She said she'd come for dinner, but she decided to do something else instead. At 5:30, the other friend cancelled- sick. I was not in the mood to stay home. I broke things off with the guy I was dating on Sunday and was determined not to be home wallowing in depression. So after the first friend left, I stayed out- alone. I've done it before and have always found someone to talk to. Unfortunately, the couple sitting next to me wasn't friendly at all. I wanted to leave by 11:30, but it was so busy that I couldn't get the bartender's attention to pay my tab. I paid at 11:55, but by then I couldn't even get out of my seat. My eyes started tearing up, but I held it together. After midnight, a guy I recognized started talking to me- asked me why I was there alone and about a boyfriend. He wanted to dance, but I really don't like dancing with guys. They don't respect boundaries. I eventually agreed, and spent the song trying to keep his hands off of my behind. I left after that. I think if I'd gone to my regular place, I would have had a much better experience, but I don't really like the dj that was there. I go back to school for inservice tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it. I've gotten into the habit of sleeping until 10:30 for some reason. I never do that. Getting up at 6:30am is gonna be rough.
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-01-2014 - 1:20pm

Happy 2014!  I worked until 6pm last night, and then had an uneventful but relaxing evening on the couch.  So far, it's been a good day, I hit an early Zumba class, did some errands, and caught up with my family by phone.

Here's to a year of adventure!  Best wishes to all....

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-01-2014 - 12:38pm

The same to you & everyone here.

I had a really fun party last night.  I am nervous about entertaining since my house is not great, but everybody seemed to have a good time.  We had a lot of food, my friend's boyfriend brought his guitar and I have a piano, so we had music and I just enjoyed spending time with my friends.