Congratulations cl-krist143!

iVillage Member
Congratulations cl-krist143!
Wed, 12-23-2009 - 10:33am

Please join me in congratulating cl-krist143! She has been chosen our Community Leader of the Month for January! Congratulations! :)

Name: Kristie

Communities: (boards you host) Life In Our 30’s

What brought you to Love? I had been divorced for a year and was dreading jumping back into the dating world again. I had been online a little looking for some tips and I found iVillage. Ask The Dating Expert was my first board and there were lots of strong debates. I’d put in my two cents and one day Stephanie emailed me asking if I’d like to CL. Since I had been pushing myself to try new things, I gave it a try. I later found my niche on Life In Our 30’s.

How has your experience as a community leader affected your life? While I love my family dearly and am so thankful for all of the support they have given me these past few years, it just wasn’t the same as finding some friends that have been through some similar experiences and that don’t have the family bias!! So now I have this wonderful group of friends that listen to me vent, cry, laugh, and vent some more. And at times they tell me “chin up-you can make it through this too!!” Then to be able to give back to other members helps provide the perfect balance. The give and take is more than I could ever ask for!!

What's your most memorable and/or entertaining experience as a CL? I love the diversity of our group!! Life In Our 30’s simply means that we are of the same age group. Nothing else has to be the same!! We come from so many different back grounds, religions, field of work, etc. All of us have a wonderful tolerance for each other’s ideas and opinions. This gives me a lot of hope that our world is still becoming a better place!!

What are some of your offline hobbies and interests? When I’m not trying to figure out Dan’s (my boyfriend) two daughters (17 and 8), I am either dragging my camera around or playing volleyball. Thank goodness for volleyball. Dan’s oldest plays on her HS team, so it gives us something in common. Since her HS season is over, we’ve been watching the Women’s NCAA tournament. Go Penn State!!! (if they win this year, it will the first time in NCAA history a team has won a three-peat!!!) We’re looking forward to playing together in the winter league here in town. Dan’s DD8 keeps me busy with a million questions!!! I’m an Auntie 10 times over, but don’t have kids of my own. I think I’m getting it. :0) All of us really enjoy the outdoors and spend the winters on snow machines and the summers on four wheelers.

Final thoughts? Life can come at us so fast some days that we don’t even have time to pick up the bat!! I’m glad to have my iVillage friends to help me with that and am thankful for you all every day!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-23-2009 - 11:25am

Wonderful choice for CL of the month! Congrats, Kristie. Well deserved.

AJ, enjoying life with C.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-23-2009 - 12:09pm
Thanks AJ!!!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-23-2009 - 12:11pm
Thanks Stephanie - I'm honored!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-24-2009 - 4:51am
AWESOME! Congratulations, Kristie!!
Christmas 08 siggy

Photobucket