iVillage Member
Happy Wednesday 5/19
Wed, 05-19-2010 - 12:10pm

Good Wednesday Morning,

I hope your day is off to a good start!

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-19-2010 - 12:13pm

Since I do have a cold, I'm going to reschedule my PT's appointment (no need to get people sick) and I'm going to work on getting DD17 signed up for Volleyball camp.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-20-2010 - 4:27am

Ah, my health... I am suffering from burn-out :-( I will have to go to a doctor, I just can't take it anymore. Work has been hectic, we just moved, the garden has to be done, damn puppy is driving me nuts (I remember the good old times when I only had cats... people, don't buy dogs, they'll eat you out of house and home, drive you crazy and you'll love them to bits!!!), have tons of things to organise... and I don't know where to start! At least we have a long weekend here, Monday is an official holiday.

I am wondering what I can cook tonight, the new kitchen is awesome and I have started cooking again, and my men at home are loving it! I need some fast recipes with tons of meat. Do you have any ideas?

Kristie, I am amazed at how much you do for D's daughters. Don't you feel resentful sometimes? My boyfriend's son visits us every second weekend and sometimes I just want to be left alone! I find it difficult since I have so little free time and I just want to do my stuff (nothing!) Of course he is a special case, he has spastic paralysis and can only move a few fingers on his left hand. He really needs a lot of care! I guess I would be a lot less resentful, if he would let us get some sleep from time to time! :-(

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-20-2010 - 1:16pm

Being so busy sure can burn a person out.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-20-2010 - 9:50pm

Kristie, I am sorry to hear you have a cold! I just got over a pretty bad one myself, ugh!

This has been a busy but good week for me. Nothing really special to report. My work computer has a virus so I've been like a refugee all week, using random offices of my coworkers and not really visiting the boards much ;-)

I can't wait for Memorial Day Weekend!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 4:02am

Kristie, I hope you feel better soon! I hate colds, especially since I can't take ANY meds anymore, I am allergic to anything!
Today is one of those crappy days, first thing in the morning puppy made a mess in the living room, she was in the garden, got really dirty somehow and then ran through the whole living room, kitchen and couch. I wasn't even done cleaning the couch when my boyfriend broke a vase. I was already late for work so I left him to deal with the mess, just got all cats and dogs out of the room. Then on my way to work I found out that my train had been cancelled... At least we don't have my boyfriend's son this weekend. You know, sometimes I feel so guilty for having such feeling towards him, my boyfriend has accepted my son and takes care of him and they get on really well. I know I own his son the same, but it is so difficult! I don't feel guilty when I tell my son to shut up and I know he will understand. DSS has problems with the speech, he is extremely difficult to understand (even for his father!) and he LOVES to talk!!! He just won't shut up! And I am the quietest person there is! I hope everything falls into place some day.

And thank you for the recipe! Beef stew is also a great idea! I have been thinking of getting a crock pot for a long time, maybe now is a good time! It is not very popular in Germany, but you can still buy it.

Any plans for the weekend?

Dessi

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 9:06am
Health is fine, although I don't feel like working out today. I did a lot of heavy lifting yesterday and I'm still tired.
Photobucket

Feb 21 Warner Robins GA

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 12:26pm

I totally hate when my computer at work goes down like that!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 12:29pm

Dessi - I hope your day is smoothing out!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 12:53pm

I know the feeling!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 1:13pm
No, I've done contract work, but I'm not enlisted.
Photobucket

Feb 21 Warner Robins GA

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages