How Was the Weekend 9/21

iVillage Member
How Was the Weekend 9/21
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 1:38pm

I hope you all had a fun/safe weekend!!

We jumped in the truck Friday morning at 6am and headed to Valdez to watch D's DD17 play in a volleyball tournament.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 2:07pm

Wow - how amazing to see all those animals along the drive. I bet that's one of the best things about living in Alaska.

Our weekend was really nice. We planted a "fall" garden on Saturday, just in time for it to get really cold last night. We were about two weeks late getting the seeds in, so we'll see if anything comes up. Even if it doesn't work, at least we have the ground ready for the spring garden. C. was glad to help dig and build a little fence. The kids helped me plant some carrot seeds.

I had a migraine that afternoon, so I missed going to the pool (indoor) with C. and the kids.

Yesterday, we drove out to the plains to C.'s cousin's ranch. We brought donuts to his grandma (who is 90, very sickly and sleeps 20 hours per day). Then we took out his cousin's horse. The kids and C. all got a ride. I turned down a ride -- and C.'s uncle got bucked off on the turn that was supposed to be mine. I was so glad I didn't try -- I haven't been on a horse in 20 years. They think his bit was digging into his mouth and bothering him, which is why he was acting up.

I made a yummy dinner last night and we just hung out and did puzzles. It was a good weekend.

AJ, enjoying life with C.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 5:15pm
Sorry you had a such a bad headache!!!!