TGIF - 1/29

iVillage Member
TGIF - 1/29
Fri, 01-29-2010 - 1:07pm

I hope that you had a great week!!!

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_krist143
Fri, 01-29-2010 - 1:10pm

Tomorrow, we are taking DD9 to get her ears prieced!!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-29-2010 - 1:58pm

Hopefully she will get her ears pierced if that is what she wants :-) How fun!

January was a GREAT month overall!

Today I'm at home...work cancelled due to snow, and again I'm sure you cold weather ladies would die laughing because there is maybe 2-3" out there :-D DH & I are both off all weekend and we're just hanging out, relaxing, watching a few movies and cooking. I have some artsy craftsy projects to do and books to read. We will probably take the Jeep out one day this weekend so we don't get cabin fever...otherwise, nothing planned!

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-30-2010 - 12:40am
Hi Kristie!
Glad you're feeling better!!
My week was the same as the rest....work, work, work....
we have been so busy and there's really no end in sight. Of course we're all grateful for our jobs since they're probably the safest in the company right now but it's only a matter of time before we have major burn-out. But...on a bright note I'm taking Thursday night off because I'm picking up Rudy that day! =) Yay!!! Also, my bff is coming out for a weekend on the 11th. OH....and my mom got tkts to bring my little cousin out for her spring break in April!!! I can't wait for my visitors!!
Anyway...I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

Photobucket

jpg" target='_blank'>Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-30-2010 - 1:11am
Tonight just chillin with DF. Tomorrow we're meeting our Realtor to look at some more homes in the morning. Not sure how long that will take. May go to the climbing gym in the afternoon if there's time. No plans Sunday. I expect DF will want to geek out a bit (just got some new video game that was hugely anticipated and he's all into. Mass Effect? Something like that). I'm thinking I may take a yoga class and make a big pot of soup for dinner that we can use for leftovers for the week. Exciting huh? LOL
Photobucket

SDFX
siggy
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 12:36pm
Enjoy picking up Rudy!!! and all of your visitors!!!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 12:38pm
House hunting sounds very fun - how did it go?

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 3:53pm

House hunting actually went really well. We've been actively looking for months now and I must have looked at about 30 places by now. DF hasn't gone with me, I did a lot of the initial screening and then took him to see the nice ones.

We found a couple that we were interested in and when we went out to lunch after we parted with the real estate agent, we decided to put an offer in on one. So our plans for the rest of the weekend changed pretty dramatically. We spent the rest of the weekend on the phone and emailing back and forth with our agent putting together our offer as well as pricing flooring, paint, and appliances (the house doesn't have a fridge or washer & dryer).

We're going to go to Home Depot to get a more realistic estimate on flooring that we'd want to make sure we can afford it (if we can't get the flooring we went, it's not worth it to us to get the house -- we'll keep looking) and if all goes well, we're meeting with our agent tonight to sign the paper work and the offer will be officially submitted on Tuesday morning!!

I'm pretty sure I've accurately priced the flooring online, but if not, we won't put in the offer. And I think there is a lot of interest in this house. So we're not out of the woods yet. But I really hope it all works out, we really like this place!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Photobucket

SDFX
siggy
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 5:49pm

You are so lucky that you can shop online and get the right price.