February 2013 Roll call!

iVillage Member
February 2013 Roll call!
Thu, 02-14-2013 - 10:28pm

Hi all!  This site has been keeping locked out, but I am one persistant woman.  Every chance I got to try to log in I would and I got in today.  It took me 27 tries tonight.  So now that I am in let's catch up with each other.

What do you prefer for us to call you?  I am not picky, I like my name, Karen and I like my nickname, Nawleans. 

What have you been up to since the beginning of the year?  Let's see what have I done.  I fixed the curtian rod in my room just to step on the curtain a few hours later and rip it out of the wall again.  Still not fixed.  I look at it and grunt.  LOL!   I got my husband one of the two tests he needs.  I have filled out so much paperwork to try to get low cost or free tests for him.  The MS society paid for his MRI but we still need to get him a cat scan.  I am still applying for jobs and still not getting called back.  I went to one Mardi Gras parade and got a severe ear infection that has lasted three weeks now, no wait, four weeks now.  I got a great big giant Valentines heart from dh with a card that talks and says to stay away from the candy.  LOL!!!!

Okay, your turn!

siggy line

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-04-2013 - 1:06pm

Ahh yes, I remember being called mommy.  My son called me mommy the other day when he was too sick to get out of bed.  He asked for iced water.  I brought it to him and made sure he had everything he needed.  He said thank you and drank some of his water.  Then when I was about to step out of the room, he said, "I love you mommy."   awwwww....  He tells me he loves me a lot but hasn't used mommy in years. 

Ah yes the ever important role of emotional support.  My husband and son suck at giving it back to me though.  You would think after all these years of recieving it from me they could at least fake it.  

siggy line

Community Leader
Fri, 02-22-2013 - 3:32pm

Karen, that's funny, your dh getting you Valentines candy and the card that says "stay away from the candy."  Too cute!

I like to be called Sue...usually.  And mom, of course.  My teen is back to calling me "mommy" at least when she texts.  Secretly, I love it.  I liked the "mommy" when they were little...they got older and I became "mom" and that's certainly ok but there's still nothing like the heart tug of "mommy" from a little person.

What have I been up to this year?  Pretty much a continuation of last year.  Work.  Music gigs.  Making sure my dd gets to all of her appointments and being ready to provide emotional support as needed no matter what else is going on.  

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-19-2013 - 2:05pm

Woohoo!  Only two tries today.

Deedle, you sound down.  Maybe I should have asked everyone to count their blessings. 

I went to my cousin's child's christening last week.  They had 20 children to christen.  That kind of takes the special out of it to me.  Did you do anything for Valentine's day with your SO?

siggy line

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-18-2013 - 3:47pm

I don;t have your patience, I get frustrated with the boards and bail for awhile and check back in later. Today is the first time they have really cooperated. I hope the issues are fixed.

No changes here, still in LDR, 5 hours away and not forseeing that changing for years. Oh well. 

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-15-2013 - 8:00pm

I will email you the full details.  It is driving me crazy.  Tonight it only took two tries.  I don't always have time to try 20 or more times to log in.  I digress...

Isn't there a saying about idle hands and the devil?   If I could just get a job, I could pay for my husband's test. 

I keep pluging away at the job hunt.  Babies are magical.  It is amazing how much work one little baby can create, even before it is born. 

Good to see you are are around. 

siggy line

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-15-2013 - 1:02pm

Nawleansdarlin,

Glad to see you are back. I wish there was something I could do to make it easier for you to log in. Can you email me at the relationshipscm@mail.ivillage.com and explain to me the issues so I can tell the techs?

I have done that to my curtains that hang long I don't know how many times! Don't you just hate that? I wish you good luck on the job hunt and getting your husband the other test he needs.

Around here it is mini construction as usual. We finally got one room painted and daughter and b/f settled in there, they have a baby due in May. Moved a couple of other kids around to different rooms so they all now are happy with having their own room an no one sharing.

It has been a busy first of the year, and hoping things slow down soon, but they never seem to, always something to keep us busy and out of trouble :)