124 Sandwiches Away From Engagement Ring

iVillage Member
124 Sandwiches Away From Engagement Ring
Thu, 09-26-2013 - 2:57pm

Have you heard about this story from the NY Post?  A woman's boyfriend challenged her that he would propose if she would make him 300 sandwiches. 

Making all of these sammies, I’ve learned how much Eric loves sharing cooking with me. He enjoys going to the grocery store with me, picking out ingredients and planning dinners. Though I still want to get engaged and get married and live happily ever after, I’ve also put less pressure on the race to the 300th sandwich and I’m enjoying the cooking experience with Eric.

Today, I’ve made and blogged about 176 sandwiches. Over the months, my creations have grown more complex — lobster rolls, bánh mìs, pulled pork. No matter what’s on the menu, Eric smiles and says thank you. He’s just happy I cook for him at all.

“You women read all these magazines to get advice on how to keep a man, and it’s so easy,” he says. “We’re not complex. Just do something nice for us. Like make a sandwich.”

Read more: http://nypost.com/2013/09/24/i-wooed-my-man-with-a-sandwich/

At first, it's pretty offensive sounding, that he's trying to control her.  After reading her thoughts on it, and what it has brought to their relationship, it's put a different spin on it for me.

What do you think?