Numb, also (long..)

iVillage Member
Numb, also (long..)
Tue, 11-06-2007 - 2:07pm

I just realized this part of the board (family and friends support) was here. (a "der" moment).

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2007 - 4:19pm

Valerie.

I am so sorry you are in this situation.

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2007 - 4:33pm
Thank you rocket2006.
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2007 - 6:51pm

Hi there.

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-07-2007 - 9:13am
I grew up with a alcohol and drug abuser. It really did scar me. My mother died when I was 17 luckly when I was 16 she sobered up just a bit enough for us to try to heal some of our relationship. It is so hard to put into words what her actions and words did to me. I am 36 now and it still upsets me. My mother went threw the worst time for about 2 years before that I really didn't notice much drug abuse. She also was manic depressive. Do you think you will ever leave the situation? Would you at least consider getting the kids into counseling? Please understand I am not judging you that is not my place. I guess my question is at this point do you feel you want to do somthing or are you hoping some how he will change? Please don't think I am trying to be harsh with you but I can tell you are worried about the kids and like you said the 2 of you are like roommates. What does he say about his drinking and verbal abuse? I do understand the ugly cycle and how hard it is for change to happen. Sending hugs your way.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket 
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-07-2007 - 11:02am

Hi Valerie and welcome to the board.

"OMG, I got engaged, the world will never be the same!...."

&nbs

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-07-2007 - 11:27am

Hi Lori,

It is nice to hear from someone who grew up with it and how it affected you.

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2007 - 8:32am

look at it this way, when my mom was drinking ect., she was building a wall up between us by her actions and words. Myself as a child I was building a wall up againts the world. It hurts so deeply to have a parent sad bab things to you, even if they are drunk. Think about one day the turmoil he causes for you all. The kids would rather have you a loving mother and a peaceful home than live in what they are living in now.. I am not telling you to divorce him that is not my place but since he has no intent of quiting drinking someone has to leave that house! I suggest him that way the kids will have some stability. If they remember this when they are older they will think about how you saved them from the stress and hurt. If he continues on in the home and they grow up with it I am so sorry to say they will hate you for letting it go on. Because of the words he says to them it is changing who they would grow up to be if he had not been drinking. I am sorry to be so frank but I have to, I can see so many negative possabilities if this continues. Big hugs and know I only said these things because you and your children deserve the best!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket 
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2007 - 1:00pm

Lori,

I thank you for being blunt and honest!