Rocket., something from another board...

iVillage Member
Rocket., something from another board...
Wed, 07-23-2008 - 2:39pm

Hi all,
I haven't posted in a while, and alot has happened (but no sense going into that drama!). I left for many of the same reasons alot of other leave for a while. I thought the responses were, at times, too insensitive, too judgmental, etc. Responses like "it seems like you're addicted to drama" or "venting doesn't solve anything, action does" and things like that, I took as "know it all", insensitive and totally "not understanding" of what "I'm going thru". You all know the drill, I was the "victim" and nobody understood that!!! It was easy for you to say (as if none of you had lived it!). Well, one day it dawned on me. You are all so right! I was addicted to the drama, the stupid codie/alkie dance, the ridiculous conversations w/the A that can go on for hours and never get anywhere other than to get me aggrevated. I would constantly come here and vent, do nothing, just "woe is me", call close friends, vent to them, do nothing, "woe is me" again. What did I want?? Everyone to feel sorry for me? To give me ideas? Probably in the back of my mind, I wanted one person to tell me how right I was to stay and stick it out. That things would/could change. Then I could be like "there, I did what I was supposed to, stay!" I don't know what I wanted then, and I can't believe my thought process at that time, but I know what I want now. I want peace and serenity, and to be treated the way I deserve to be treated (and it certainly wasn't the way AH treated me). I realized then that the only way I was gonna get that was to hand it over to my HP, accept His will and what is, instead of trying to make it the way I want it to be. I took a moral inventory of myself and realized that what I took as insensitive responses were really the truth that I didn't want to face. Nothing changes if nothing changes. And something had to change. I remember reading somewhere once that once you turn things over to your HP, and really really have faith that He will take care of you, that is when miracles happen. And HP saw to it that it did! Remember I was all afraid for financial reasons? Well I handed it over to HP, and yes, I am struggling, but I am making it. I have found a new strength and belief that I have never experienced before, and I really want to thank all of you for being a part of that for me. And to the newbies, please don't take the response to heart, try to look within yourself and see if it rings a bit of truth for you.

Rocket...I have followed the above womens story for well over a year. During this time, her husband had gone to rehab, only to relapse and spiral down further. The police have been