My boyfriend may be a liar.

iVillage Member
My boyfriend may be a liar.
Sat, 08-02-2008 - 9:39pm

Hello I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years now. I am 21 and he just turned 25. We had a perfect relationship and I stood by him through everything. He has juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in his whole body and has had a hard time with it since he was little. Well that is how he became introduced to prescribed pills.

His doctor put him on pain meds when he was a teenager that were way too strong and he got addicted to them. I didn't know him back then but he started hanging out with the partying druggie crowd just to feel cool and like he fits in.

When I met him he drank but I never saw him do drugs, then about a year ago his mom and I found out he was doing cocaine and prescription pain killers. We put him into rehab and when he came out he was good for along time. He stopped doing cocaine because well he didn't like it and he can't afford it. A couple times he has relapsed on pain medications but he changed.

A few months ago he was hell bound on getting clean. He got a new job and got his doctor to put him on Methadone where he has to go into thr pharmacy to take it and has to do surprise drug tests. If he fails a drug test he gets taken off the methadone and we'll know he's using again.

Well just the past week he has been hanging with one of those old friends again and being secretive. I'm scared he is relapsing on pain meds.

Would a drug test pick up anything that he does? Do they screen for things like percasets and dilaudids?

I am going to school where I live with him and my parents live a ways away and if I moved home, I couldn't go to school, I don't drive yet and it is too late to apply for funding for housing. If I moved home I would have to miss another year of school. I already took time and delayed school for his health.

What do I do? I don't really know anyone in the area and don't want to give up on my education?

Also he is always telling me how much he loves me and that he doesn't want me to leave yet I found out he joined one of those online dating sites a few days after my birthday. He wasn't active yet on it but if he wants me to stay so bad why would he need to join one of those...

I am not sure what to do anymore.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2008 - 9:35am

Hi, my name is Deb and welcome to the board.

"OMG, I got engaged, the world will never be the same!...."

&nbs