chat cl of FlyBabies board

Come visit me there!

wreath_lights_md_wht.gif

Susan :)

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-23-2003 - 2:13pm
Hey susan-

it looks like there arent many of us on the board today...i'm about to sign off till after christmas, though, so i'm sure we'll have lots of posts here by the time i get back! i've been on a modified phase 1/2 since october. started phase 1 in early september and came up with this idea after a stall on a pure phase 2. i have carbs twice a day---my breakfast cereal is kashi go lean crunch (lots of protien and a moderate amount of good carbs) and once or twice a week i'll have a glass of wine with dinner. (except this week, it crept up. i've already had my weekly limit. and i know i'll have one more on christmas day.)

things have been going really well. i'm almost at my goal, weight-wise, but i think the last few pounds are really stubborn and will likely come off with exercise more so than changing how i'm eating. So i'm kicking up the exercise from 2-4x per week (thanks for the advice ria) and i'm planning to move to a full phase 2 after the new year. (big vacation plans--gotta live a little.) i'm really starting to think about how to switch this woe to pure maintenance and healthy living rather than a weight loss plan. its a little scary when you make changes, but for this to work in the long term, it's going to have to be a part of my life, not just a diet.

i'll keep you posted.

hope

138/120/117

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-23-2003 - 2:46pm
I'm on Phase 2, and it's going great for me!

Maggie  

"Success is a journey, not a destination"

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-23-2003 - 2:55pm
I'm in Phase II and I love this WOE. It's the first truly healthy program I've been on. It's produced significant results quickly, and I'm never hungry anymore, making it easy to stick with. I'm losing about a pound a week in Phase II (although I don't expect any loss this week), and I'm supplementing good eating with a sane exercise program. All it cost me was the price of the book and a few minutes here and there on the board. A whole lot better for me than going to weight-loss revival meetings, paying weekly dues, weighing food, counting points and doing an exercise program that was exhausting me and killing my joints.

Happy to offer a testimonial to anyone willing to listen (or foolish enough to ask), and sorry to be preaching to the choir here.....

Donna

177/159/143

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-23-2003 - 7:29pm
I'm in Phase 2 as well. I haven't ventured into carbs very much. I have had a whole wheat pita which was great but no breads, pasta or anything like that. I've only added in fruits and dairy. Haven't got on the scale since I did that. I didn't loose as much as I hoped on phase 1 but then again didn't exercise either! It's been so hectic here I'm hoping to get the exercise in starting the 1st. It's not a resolution though...I break those too easily. It's more of a "hope".

I really love this WOE! I didn't think I could make it without the pasta, sugar and most of all BREAD! Garlic bread is my favorite but I've done better than I thought. I make sure I take a lot of "legal" snacks to work in my "Sponge Bob" lunch box. Variety is the key. My co-workers say I'm always eating!!

I'm not happy to report, however, that my husband has not followed suit. He has almost given up. He cheats at least once a day. He is always complaining he's hungry but chooses not to eat the tons of legal stuff in the fridge & cabinets. But I'm not going to let him stop me...Oh No! I'm gonna loose it all! I am so excited and glad I made the choice to be healthy.

Signed,

Former Carb addict and sugar-a-holic,

Jessi

138/130/120

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-23-2003 - 8:35pm
Hang in there hope, you are doing VERY well!

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-23-2003 - 8:39pm
Maggie, I feel the same way about this way of eating!!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-23-2003 - 8:49pm
Donna I'm with you... I could NEVER go back to counting points, measuring, etc.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-23-2003 - 8:51pm
You go girl!

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-24-2003 - 3:05pm

A Ph 2er here, without having done Ph. 1 because I am breastfeeding.

Jennifer, mom to 3 boys (June/00, July/03 and March/06) Expecting our new little one in late August
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-29-2003 - 1:12pm
After a 10 day vacation from the board (wonderful visit with future in-laws), I'm back and still in phase 2. I started right before Thanksgiving and it has been difficult to be strict however, things are slowing down. I'm happy to report that I have not gained anything over the holidays but I've only experienced my initial weightloss. Now, I'm getting serious. Cleaned the fridge out of left overs, brought the homemade peanut brittle and other sweet gifts to the office, and stocked up on foods to enjoy.

Let's go ladies!!!!

Robyn

165/156/140

Pages