need snack ideas

iVillage Member
need snack ideas
Fri, 01-02-2004 - 12:01am
i know i read somewhere on this boards somewhere where people where eating cheese and nuts. i was wanting some suggestions
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-02-2004 - 7:32am
Hi Butterfly,

You will find the Phase 1 Food Lists (posted in the Chit Chat and Phase 1 sections above) will detail this for you, but to sum up: you can have reduced fat or low fat cheeses (such as made with 2% milk). I have a part skim mozzarella string cheese stick for my morning snack every day. As for nuts, you can have 15 per day (30 if pistachios since they are smaller). Try to use the dry-roasted kind. I can't find dry-roasted cashews...not even sure if they come dry-roasted. I like to use the tiny Glad-Ware containers to make up my own nut cups using 5 almonds, 5 cashews, 3 pecans halves, and 2 macadamia nuts. I sit there on Sunday afternoons and make them...they are so easy to just grab on the go...or if I am travelling, they are easy to dump into a mini snack ziploc bag and throw in my purse.

Good luck!

Cyndie

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-04-2004 - 2:02pm
Which phase are you working in right now?

Phase 2 snacks are things like Pudding made with skim milk, peanut butter on apples or my favorite iss a little light cream cheese or peanut butter on a sourdough rye crisp with sugar free jam. HOLY SMOKES!!!! it's great!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-05-2004 - 10:04am
If you are in Phase 1, my saving grace for salty snacks were the pistachios. Very fufilling! I also would nosh on a cheese stick or, for something sweet, sugar free Jello, a sugar free Fudgecicles. I will cook extra veggies and dip them in salad dressing. A ham and cheese roll up is a good snack idea too.

Good luck!

Jessica