QOTW 01-14-07

iVillage Member
QOTW 01-14-07
Sun, 01-14-2007 - 11:55am

Mountains out of mole hills.....as I sit in my house, looking at the wreck the rodents have made to my lawn (and I am not a lawn care nut, by any means) I have a new respect for the mole hills....

ANYWAY

What little irritants can build into mountains in your life?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-14-2007 - 5:48pm
Being the imperfect being that I am, I can tell you that it is often the "little" things that will get to me - if I let them! I commute to work now, since I have moved, and travel a busy road to and from work - sometimes the habits of other drivers can really get me going!!! One suggestion I heard in AA was to "drive in the 'serenity lane' - the right lane" and let others who drive aggressively go on past! You know - it works! Letting go of things I cannot control - in this case, nasty or aggressive drivers, is one way I can keep from making mountains out of molehills!
By the way, rodents are not my problem but the armadillos sure love to dig up my lawn looking for grubs! LOL!!
Leslie
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-14-2007 - 8:34pm
Traffic, definitely traffic. Especially when trying to get to work in the morning. I leave the house at 6:30AM and there are times when I get behind someone who is just pokin right along and I'm having to get to work by 7am lol I have no patience for traffic!

5yrssm 
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-14-2007 - 10:12pm

Hi Beth,

Good one!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-14-2007 - 10:52pm
All my mole hills are money related... and preparing my annual taxes is the Mt Everest of them

Visit me at That Yank In...
and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs:"Neighborhood" RR, "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of San Man snow charts, "Millenium Sampler", 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the new DMC linen threads AND a Kooler Studios chart called "Needlework Shop"

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-15-2007 - 6:38am
Besides mole holes....I get annoyed by bureaucracy. I am currently angry with the board of regents in our state.

Beth

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-15-2007 - 9:55am

Traffic!

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-15-2007 - 11:23am
We need a soap box emoticon! As you know I am currently staying with my mom and her husband. I have to clean up after them, which is a never ending chore! They throw garbage in the sink and the trash can is right under the sink. They can't seem to figure out how to put dirty dishes in the dishwasher, or ever sort or organize their mail.... ugh! I have to do their laundry, but my step-father does not allow me to run the washer when he is at home because he finds the noise irritating.... I could go on and on...... So I take a lot of deep breaths to keep from snapping over little things like that.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-16-2007 - 2:26am

When DH calls me frequently during the day when I'm on the road......it's irritating and I just want to throw the phone because it's rarely urgent conversation. Then I remember to thank heaven that he wants to talk to me more than anyone else.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-18-2007 - 9:38pm

The messes that dh leaves, like a path! I can tell exactly what he has done, where he has been, etc., by the mess he leaves behind. I no longer help him search for misplaced stuff, since I am tired of looking for things not put away in the first place.

His lack of planning does not constitute an emergency for me anymore.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

CL of

Photobucket

<