Sometimes..........just sometimes.....

iVillage Member
Sometimes..........just sometimes.....
Thu, 03-22-2007 - 1:57pm

I just dont like things that happen.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-22-2007 - 3:29pm

Hi Brenda

Darn that all seems so unfair! WOW. Of course, the trick to it all is to keep the issues separate. Together, they are an insurmountable mountain. separately they are manageable hills.

A few years ago (wow, could it really be almost 8??), BRE was only 3 years old. Geri was living with Dad, and Mom was in the nursing home. Then all heck broke loose. I get a call at

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-22-2007 - 7:09pm

OMG Beth,

I remember that time for you.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-22-2007 - 7:37pm

Oh Brenda, I know what you mean... sometimes things just go nuts and we cannot do anything about them. I do know there are 4 things that I can control:

What I do,
What I don't do,
What I say, and
What I don't say.

The rest, as they say, is not up to me. This morning I was driving to work at 6:15. Several drivers were barrelling down the road like it was the Daytona 500. I found myself cursing and swearing at them for 1) scaring me, and 2) because they weren't behaving like I thought they should.
That is when the Serenity Prayer kicks in and I say it over and over - until a calmness comes over me and the negativity passes. I can't do much about idiots on the road except to drive defensively and stay out of their way as best I can! Why let them ruin my day?

You have so much on your plate and much to contend with. But through it all, you have maintained your faith and belief that everything will be okay. This will be okay too - I just know it. You could have spent that last 18 months wringing your hands and saying "why me?". But, you didn't. And for that, I honor you with love and gratitude - for teaching me a better way to live.
God bless and keep us posted!
Your sista,
Leslie

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-22-2007 - 9:54pm

Thank you Leslie,

You do the same thing for me.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-23-2007 - 7:51pm

Hi Brenda,

I'm so sorry to hear about the instances negatively impacting your health.Do you know the cause of the peripheral neueopathy? There are a zillion causes for that some serious and others not so. Do you feel a tingling pins and needles sensation in your legs? I see my neurologist Monday for symptoms like that. I think I used a sleep-aid for too long a time and it became toxic. I thought I was doing the right thing. I avoided a benzodiasepene and barbituate. This was a hypnotic drug. The prescription was for thirty pills with two refills. The dosage was one at bedtime. I believed they were safe for the long term. I think I was wrong. I took them from 12/09/2006 until I noticed the first symptoms on 2/17/2007. The neuritis seems to be improving, albeit slowly. I had the same thing 40 years ago when I was drinking. I think by body recognized it as having the same properties as alcohol and reacted. My Dr. didn't argue with this. All that he would say was "We'll have to wait and see." I'm wearing support hose and they help. I think it will heal eventually as it did when I quit drinking. I sure hope so. And I hope and pray everthing goes well with you during the coming days. I notice one of the replies to your post was deleted, I wonder what that was all about.

Love and blessings

Paul

Edited 3/24/2007 9:31 am ET by castaway

Castaway

A Friend in Recovery

Paul

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-23-2007 - 8:27pm
Love ya, girl.
Hang in there....
Leslie