My son turned 21 at 4:33 am this morning

iVillage Member
My son turned 21 at 4:33 am this morning
Sun, 03-25-2007 - 8:48am

Anyone else wanna feel old with me? You know, when they finally reach that legal age where they can do as adults do, I'm praying he makes the right choices as he journeys through life. He's still in college, still working at a gas station to learn responsibilities, I am very proud of him. He's really maturing, wow, they grow up fast. It sure seems like yesterday when I held him for the first time. He wasn't much bigger than a football. Now he wears a size 12 1/2 shoe and is almost as tall as his dad.

Oh, FYI, the crazy girl he was dating last year is a thing of the past. Yep, he got his head screwed on right and kicked her to the curb. THANK YOU LORD! So today he has a special surprise for his birthday. There is a very, very nice girl that I "gently" pushed him towards. She's like one of my own kids. She's going to announce to him that they are infact a couple! Yea! I don't know who's going to be happier, me or him.

Thanks for letting me share our life happenings. Have a great day everyone!

Deb

"OMG, I got engaged, the world will never be the same!...."

&nbs

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-25-2007 - 10:15am

Oh Deb,

How proud you must feel today when you look at your child.

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-25-2007 - 12:42pm
Happy birthday to your boy!
Beth
PROUD TO BE CO-CL ON THE FOLLOWING BOARDS

Alcohol Problems Board

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-25-2007 - 9:00pm

Ah, thank you Brenda and Beth. Boy, that boy has grown. These past 3 years, my family truely has bonded and become so strong, it's amazing. We really enjoy our lives, we have so much fun together. It's so hard to believe how far we've come. Looking back is like looking at someone else's family. What we've endured really made us closer knit as a family. We are truely blessed. I'm so glad to be able to come back to my old stomping grounds (this message board) and share our progress.

Deb

"OMG, I got engaged, the world will never be the same!...."

&nbs