How do you have fun without drinking?

iVillage Member
How do you have fun without drinking?
Sun, 05-13-2007 - 9:22pm

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-13-2007 - 10:32pm

I'm happy to say I don't have that kind of problems and I never have, but I like to go to the bookstore, hangout with a wonderful group of friends, watch TV, go to the mall, iVillage just to name a few!!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-14-2007 - 4:58am

I've done everything and had fun without having to use alcohol or substances. Going to clubs is doable though sometimes there is a huge pressure to drink - I make sure I stick around someone who is supportive!

Other things - book clubs; going to art galleries; spending a morning or a late afternoon at the beach with friends; road trip; going to a lecture at a museum; gallery or cultural center; going to the movies; going to concerts and performances; going to an exhibition at a museum; browsing for books; going to SeaWord or a safari park with my nephew; watching my nephew play soccer; shopping; listening to music; reading... The list could go on forever.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-14-2007 - 7:11am
You can have all sorts of fun and be sober.
5yrssm 
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-14-2007 - 9:49am
Going to the beach, out to movies, gardening, watching TV, playing on the computer, doing things with my kids.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

my partner in the siggy exchange

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-14-2007 - 10:10am
Wow....Everything I basically do is fun...and I remember doing it.
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-14-2007 - 10:41pm
I go to the park, play mini-golf, tennis. Sports!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-14-2007 - 11:36pm

I just choose to have fun doing whatever I'm doing.

Community Leader
Tue, 05-15-2007 - 3:36pm

I guess I am fortunate in that my family and friends have never considered alcohol a necessity for a good time. We play games, work on projects together, just sit around and talk, go to restaurants or movies. If anyone does have a drink it is just one and for the enjoyment of the drink, not with the desire to get drunk. And there is never any pressure to drink.

My DH used to kid me when we were dating that I was the only person he had ever met who could get drunk on Coke! I could get quite silly without the need for strong drink.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-16-2007 - 10:13pm

Oh many things Beth....walking my dogs, hiking, biking, gardening and you name it. I don't require alcohol to enjoy any occasion. With that being said though I do certainly enjoy a nice glass of red wine some evenings as I sit outside and read the paper or a great book.

Sandra

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-17-2007 - 8:52am

I race my vintage BMW in autocross. It's so fun and totally a non drinking atmosphere. The stiffest stuff you'll find in anyone's cooler at an event is RedBull! LOL.

I also enjoy test driving high-end sports cars. I recently drove a Nissan NSX. Sooo fun.

But if we're talking night time activities, going to the movies is always better sober. I used to get drunk at the movies and would either fall asleep or need to use the restroom 3 or 4 times during the movie. Can't really absorb much that way. I missed a lot.

Lucky

Pages