To baby or not to baby.....
Sat, 07-21-2007 - 8:50am

Hi all,

I have a dilemma.

Elise

IMGsrc="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/1bb1f6/ttc.png"border=0>

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-21-2007 - 1:16pm
What a lovely picture, Elise - a beautiful family!
I don't have an definite response to your question as I truly believe this is something you have to decide for yourself.
God only gave me one child, but as a teacher, I have "many"!
If I presented this question to my AA sponsor, or close friends, this is the response I would get... I would be told to ask my Higher Power for guidance and an answer or direction. Then be content to "listen".
A wise doctor once told me that my Higher Power speaks through my gut - my gut knows what is best for me and when I listen - nine times out of ten, things turn out as they are supposed to.
Another thing you may want to do is to take out a sheet of paper and write down a list of pros and cons. Be as thorough and as honest as you can be. That helps me to clarify things in my mind, and it may help you too.
Whatever you decide, we will support you!
Leslie
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-21-2007 - 1:33pm

I don't know if I have great advice on this one, because I'm in the same boat! I have a 13 yeat old and alwyas wanted another child...when I was younger. Now that I'm in my mid 30's, my husband who had a vasectomy (back when he was like 23!) has told me he wants another one.

Ok, so let me back up a minute......When he told me he didn't want another one...when our child was only 2.....he was so adamant about it I decided it would be wrong to bring another child in the world if both parents don't REALLY want it....it's hard enough when they do. Anyway, I missed my p for 2 months recently and thought I might be. He finally fessed up that he now wanted another child. After I asked him if he bumped his head, we looked at how much it would be to have his vasectomy reversed, and it's about $8,000! We are in a financial bind already. And why did he have to wait until my child is a couple years away from driving to come to this decision?? I already went through grieving over the fact that I would not have another one years ago......so you're definitely not alone......and I would like to hear advice about this also.

One more aspect is he and I had a very rocky road the last couple of years, but are getting back on track. I joked with him that he's trying to get me pg so I wouldn't take off:) At least our marriage is at a place that the joke can actually be funny:)

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-21-2007 - 8:52pm

Elise

IMGsrc="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/1bb1f6/ttc.png"border=0>