I have a dilemma.
I don't know if I have great advice on this one, because I'm in the same boat! I have a 13 yeat old and alwyas wanted another child...when I was younger. Now that I'm in my mid 30's, my husband who had a vasectomy (back when he was like 23!) has told me he wants another one.
Ok, so let me back up a minute......When he told me he didn't want another one...when our child was only 2.....he was so adamant about it I decided it would be wrong to bring another child in the world if both parents don't REALLY want it....it's hard enough when they do. Anyway, I missed my p for 2 months recently and thought I might be. He finally fessed up that he now wanted another child. After I asked him if he bumped his head, we looked at how much it would be to have his vasectomy reversed, and it's about $8,000! We are in a financial bind already. And why did he have to wait until my child is a couple years away from driving to come to this decision?? I already went through grieving over the fact that I would not have another one years ago......so you're definitely not alone......and I would like to hear advice about this also.
One more aspect is he and I had a very rocky road the last couple of years, but are getting back on track. I joked with him that he's trying to get me pg so I wouldn't take off:) At least our marriage is at a place that the joke can actually be funny:)