There is no place like home...

iVillage Member
There is no place like home...
Mon, 07-30-2007 - 7:42am

To continue the allusion of my last post.

The presentation went rather well, despite the fact that we had to cut 1/3rd of our time, due to the inability of two keynote speakers to limit their remarks to the times they were given. The people at the presentation liked the idea, the people who asked us liked the presentation.

I was, to say the least, intimidated by the whole 36 hours. I can't tell you how grateful I was that my co-worker and teammate came with me (and drove). She is a lovely girl, who knows I am in the program, although she has limited idea of what that mean. We did get to go on a cruise of the 1000 Islands. We also went into Alexandria Bay, a resort/tourist town, on Thursday evening. There were some cute shops, and browsing was fun.

Many, many, many of the attendees at the seminar were drinkers. AH, my colleague, had one mixed drink, which she did not finish. That wasn't the case with many of the others. There were a few others who, like me, stuck to water or soda.

I can't say I liked presenting, but I did get some great ideas from other presenters, which is the purpose. I also signed up to be on a curriculum committee with my teammate, so that is good.

All in all, though, I was glad to get home!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow me to my partners in the siggie exchange

follow me to my favorite places on ivillage

Alcohol Problems Board

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2007 - 7:18pm

Made it in the paper

http://www.romesentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070730/NEWS03/107300069

Staff teach about ’wikis’ webpages

Strough Middle School teachers Beth E and Amanda Hwere among the featured presenters at the 2007 Model Schools Summer Institute, a regional technology conference Thursday and Friday in Alexandria Bay.

The two-day event, titled "Classroom of the Future," was attended by about 100 educators from 34 school districts, including 10 districts in Oneida County.

The session included area educators who are using emerging technology in classrooms to enhance student learning. It was geared to convey technology trends, and help educators move forward with technology integration for the upcoming school year.

The two discussed how they used one of the latest technology tools — wikis — in their classrooms this past school year to prepare students for the eighth-grade state assessments.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2007 - 9:57am
Good job Beth...Kudos to you and your partner.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2007 - 1:09pm
Great job, Beth. You did our teaching profession much good with positive p.r.- I am positive of that. Those kinds of things tend to intimidate me too - I think when I am out of my comfort zone my program gets "tested", if you know what I mean.
Thanks for filling us in!
Leslie