Update on life with DH now

iVillage Member
Update on life with DH now
Fri, 08-10-2007 - 7:27pm

Elise

IMGsrc="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/1bb1f6/ttc.png"border=0>

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2007 - 9:12pm
Wow! That is such wonderful news. He seems to be doing everything he needs to do and I am so very glad for him and for you. There will be ups and downs - mood swings from time to time, "issues" to get through, etc.,but his sponsor will help get him on track. You just be yourself! He is so fortunate to have you - my husband did not give up on me and we have been married with me sober almost as long as when I was drinking - 24 years! My mom didn't give up on my dad either - he is sober and they have been married 63 years! So, there is hope and life without alcohol!
Thanks for the update - it is so wonderful to read good news. Please keep us updated and let us know if you have further questions or concerns as they may crop up from time to time.
Hugs,
Leslie
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-11-2007 - 10:40am

Hi,

Im going thru a situation quite the opposite.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-11-2007 - 7:46pm
(((((Jill)))))
I did not mean to add to your guilt in any way... As a recovering alcoholic, I believe that every situation is different - everyone's family is unique, and everyone has to decide what is best for themselves. Alcoholism can create such damage to a family, that often time it is best for spouses to leave for the sake of their sanity and for their children's well-being. Other times it is not so black and white.
We will support you in your life's choices - there is no judgement there. Your DH has not chosen to do anything about his drinking so he has put himself in the position he is in now - not you!
God bless and hugs to you,
Leslie
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-11-2007 - 8:14pm

oh I wasnt offended or felt more guilty. I guess I just wish my situation was differerent than it really is.

AH, got an apt and has now taken to talking to me in a calm condescending tone.

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-12-2007 - 7:59am

Elise

IMGsrc="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/1bb1f6/ttc.png"border=0>

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-12-2007 - 8:04am

Oh Jilly

I wish you didn't feel like crud. You are doing NOTHING wrong. You have made a choice for life, not a choice for existing. He is playing with your head, and renting space there. You are doing the right thing, and as painful as this time is, there will be better days for you and your beautiful girl.

Follow me to my partners in the siggie exchange

follow me to my favorite places on ivillage

Alcohol Problems Board

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-12-2007 - 8:08am
Beth is so right - he is playing with your head. That's what alcoholic/addicts do when they are in their active disease. He is changing the facts to "opinions." Sigh....
Denial is a powerful thing, isn't it?
I know you are hurting right now. Hang on. This is the darkness before the dawn. You can and will get through this - nothing ever stays the same - including the bad times.
You are doing the very best thing you can do.
God bless - keep posting, keep reaching out to others. You are not alone.
Leslie
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-12-2007 - 11:03pm
((((Jill))))
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2007 - 7:37pm

Good for you and your husband Elise. You've probably heard it a thousand times and you will hear it a thousand more. It's all about a day at a time. A day at a time in recovery, in living, in gratitude and thankfulness. I am Paul and my first day was February 23, 1968. I haven't had a drink since. I was thirty-five and in a couple of months I'll be seventy-five. You and your husband are doing great. You soun a great deal like my wife Carol who stood by me as my life deteroriated for the first ten years of our marriage. A skinny little Irishman who had come off of Philadelphia's skid row said to me, "It's all about being active in AA," the best advise I ever recieved. God bless you both and keep it up.

Stay safe,
Pray for peace,
Service in recovery,

Paul

Castaway

A Friend in Recovery

Paul