Forty Ninth Wedding Anniversary

iVillage Member
Forty Ninth Wedding Anniversary
Sat, 08-18-2007 - 4:25pm

HI Folks,

On Thursday, August 16 Carol and me celebrated our 49th wedding anniversary. We married at Carol's hometown church in a the small upper New York rural village of Parish, about23 miles north of Syracuse. Some of you may remember last winter Parish made the news on CNN because of a 105 inch snowfall, 8 3/4 feet. But our wedding day was gorgeous, with "blue sky and white fluffy clouds" as Carol puts it. We kind of kept it simple this year by having a very nice dinner at a local restaurant in Medford, NJ. Thirty-eight and a half of those forty-nine years I have been sober, recovery. We love each other very much. OOPS, sorry wrong section. See when I think about Carol I can't concentrate.

Stay safe,
Pray for peace,
Service in recovery.

Paul

Edited 8/18/2007 4:30 pm ET by castaway

Castaway

A Friend in Recovery

Paul

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2007 - 7:24pm
(((((((Paul & Carol))))))))
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2007 - 7:56pm
I will get the post moved...everyone deserves to see it. Congratulations to you and your bride, you wonderful man!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2007 - 7:30am
Oh Paul... Thank you for sharing your news! You and your lovely bride are so fortunate to have found an enduring love. God bless her for standing by you when you were first getting sober - and God bless you for "doing the next right thing" - one day at a time. I am sending big, big hugs to you both and wishes for many more healthy, happy years to come.
Fondly,
Leslie
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2007 - 2:05pm

HI Leslie,

Thanks so much for your words so kind. An amusing sidebar happened at dinner. When we were seated I mentioned to our server, Katlin, that it was our 49th anniversary and soon after she appeared with two glasses of complimentary champagne. I thanked her for the courtesy and, of course, declined and she said, "We have wonderful apple cider" and I gratefully accepted. After dinner two other patrons who were seated at a nearby table stopped by to congratulate us and I shared with them why I didn't drink and that brought smiles and more congratulations all around. A memorable evening, indeed.

Back at you, Fondly,

Paul

Edited 8/19/2007 2:23 pm ET by castaway

Castaway

A Friend in Recovery

Paul