New here & lost..

iVillage Member
New here & lost..
Mon, 09-22-2008 - 8:02am

I'm not sure how to start here..

My dh is an alcoholic, he has been for years. We have a daughter who is 7. I love my dh, he is a good dad. On the weekend I found cocaine of his. I was not surprised. I've known he has been doing that or something else for a long time now but I was pretending I didn't. It was easier. Now I can't do that. He saw me find it on the weekend. I was sooo mad and mostly hurt. I live with his alcoholism and now I get this as well.

Gloria
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-22-2008 - 8:22am

I'm sorry your dh is so ignorant when it comes to the severity of cocaine use. If it wasn't a "big deal" they wouldn't put people in prison for it and take away their kids.

He could get himself thrown in prison and leave you with no income because I don't think insurance covers stupidity.

I think you have every right to say you don't like it and will not tolerate it. Not even a little bit. Tell him he must stop the cocaine use or the marriage is over. Take care of yourself or you'll be walked on for years. Addicts can be very manipulative and make you feel so bad and sad for them.

Good luck. I wish I could be of more help about your situation. I just know what I would do if my dh was using cocaine on a regular basis. I would demand it stop.

Lucky

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-22-2008 - 9:23am

"Dh has admitted to me years ago that he knows he is an alcoholic and he was upfront and said he wouldn't go to AA or anything."

My ex bf would admit to being an alcoholic, but was very adament that he was not going to seek help for it.

"OMG, I got engaged, the world will never be the same!...."

&nbs

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-23-2008 - 8:56pm

Hello Gloria

You need to think of yourself and your daughter. What your husband is doing is illegal and any stash he has at home could be used to remove your daughter from the house. Please get some input from an attorney.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-24-2008 - 7:32am

Thank you for all your replies. Right now I am not sure what will happen. How do I trust him again even if I want to which I do?

Gloria
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-24-2008 - 7:00pm

HI there.